1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Dark Brotherhood

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Elvenblade, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

By listening to conversations I've found out that if ypu murder someone the DB will seek you out and offer you a membership.
    Who would be the best victim without me getting the authorities hunting me or me screwing up a quest or something?

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

It's true, they sent a negotiater to my room, after i ACCIDENTALLY killed an Imperial guard during the battle at Kvatch. I was casting fireballs at the Daedra there, when suddenly one of those dumbasses jumped in my line of fire. He got killed instantly, and i got a message saying that my murderous behaviour did not go unnoticed. My infamy rating went up from 0 to 5, and i had a 3000 septims bounty on my head. I got arrested for that after completing the task at Kvatch, didn't have the money to bail myself out, and had to spent 30 days in the joint.

When i got out, i went on with my business, and after i went up a level, there was a Dark Brotherhood associate in my bedroom with a proposal to join them. I have to go kill someone in some tavern first though, and i still haven't made up my mind wheter i want to join them or kill them all, after all...in Tribunal i killed them by the dozens, including their ringleader.

To make a long story short...it doesn't matter who you kill, on purpose or by accident, the moment you do, they will present themselves to you after you sleep.

3. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

A beggar would be best. At night, when they're in bed, power-attack them (when there's nobody around, obviously). The ones in the Imperial City market district sleep in very secluded places; that's where I did it. If you get a message about a dark power seeing you, sleep in the beggar's bed for an hour.

4. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I got asked after killing someone in an arena fight...that was weird lol :D but now I love the DB, they're rockin and the missions are fun!...the rewards are good too.

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    My character is looking how to remove this sick plague from the planet, so far I've found their base in Chedynhal, any idea how to enter and kick some butt? :D

6. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    @Morg why not just pretend to want to join and kill everyone once inside :D

7. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

That won't let you reach the big cheeses though... You'd have to murder a lot of people to reach them. But often the people you murder deserve it. The first person, before you're fully in the guild, seems to have murdered his wife.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I killed a few people in the arena, but I haven't had the DB ask me, who did you kill?

9. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    I was fighting the two Woodelf sisters/twins...but it might have been a glitch or something...who knows, no one else I know has had it happen.

10. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

I really like the dark brotherhood. You can get some pretty nice items from them early on.

11. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Elvenblade: I'm going to refer you to the Dark Brotherhood FAQ on GameFAQs.com

Its really good...and has an entire section devoted to getting recruited by them. They also outline four (!!) methods of doing this without getting caught.

Good luck.

12. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I've also heard that later on you get a war horse called Shadowbane as a gift -- he actually participates in battles and is the fastest horse in the game. It's worth it to join just for that!

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That freaking horse, I got it but I lost it somewhere in the swamps. Rode to a cave, dismounted, went in, killed everything inside went out and no Shadowbane. That is the second horse of mine this happens to. They are a cool idea but the way they have been implemented they are absolutely worthless for the simple reason that they disapear and of course are only marginally faster than running but it makes travelling slower due to worse mobility.

14. Spellbound

Hmmm... haven't lost a horse yet. Though I've watched them sort of wander off. You have to be nice to them, Joa! ;)

I haven't experienced any lack of mobiity -- mine swims just like I do...and I just got done trekking all over the countryside (off road), climbing mountains and jumping boulders, etc. They can go anywhere we can.

So are you going to tell us what Shadowbane's really like? Is he a true war horse? :D

15. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

IIRC, the horse's name is ShadowMERE, not bane...

Just me being anal... :heh: Back to the discussion...

16. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nah, Shadowmere was feisty but he wasnt very strong. Couldnt take out an Ogre Lord by himself. He always went unconscious, I reckon he is about as good as a Xivilai or other high level summon. Not that you need the help though, the game stops scaling at around lvl30. :( Everything was very challenging, almost a bit too challenging up to about then but after you dinged 30 you just slaughter everything. The final boss in the mage guild quests was a total let down. One poisoned dagger in his back and a Wizard's Fury and he was down.

17. Spellbound

Ahh ....oh well. The white horses are supposed to be the strongest in the game.

I'm only level 10 -- and I'm having one hell of a time with the skeletons that you find in just about every fort. It's getting a bit annoying.

18. joacqin

Media:
    The game is horribly hard between level 10 and 20 or so. Every single battle is a battle on the edge where you have to use all you have. Then it evens out. I played a magic user as my first characters and you could level so fast by just using spells over and over again so I was lvl10 and wore more or less no gear at all and couldnt really afford any nice damage spells. That was hard. Thankfully the loot is levelled too and I rather soon found some wicked good gear. Some rings and amulets in the game are plain overpowered. Heck my orc warrior has now on lvl5 already found a ring with 15% damage reflection. Enemies hit me and they die, now that is imba.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.