1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind xbox or pc

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Dice, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I bought Morrowind yesterday for our Xbox mainly because I thought we should have some good games for xbox since my hubby and I seem to be on our computers most the time and the poor little xbox goes lonely.

Now I am having second thoughts. The xbox version was cheaper and I know I will have no struggles with running it like I might have with my PC. The graphics on the xbox are pretty nice also, although I have an NVidia 4 on my PC which keeps things running well. HOWEVER, I hear that the expansions for Morrowind on the PC are a must have, and I'm wondering if there are user made extras available for the PC as well.

So tell me your opinion. Should I take back my Xbox version (still unopened) and get the PC version instead?

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    This is your call, the expension isn't that much really However they made or will made a morrowind for the Xbox that contain the expension. But the PC with WASD and mouse is by far more intuitive than a game-pad. Also the Xbox is more stable but eh that what patch are made for. Yet I still find crash and minor bug there and there in the patched PC verison. Oh in the PC the resolution can be Higher. Nvidia Geeforce 4 eh? Nice stuff but what's your CPU speed? Morrowind require a lot of CPU speed to have decent frame/second. But this is your call really...

Xbox

-stability
    -unituitive Gameplay
    -lower resolution
    -less $$$

PC
    -Less stability (witouth the patch it's wayyyy tooo bugggy)
    -Intuitive WASD + mouse
    -Higher resolution
    -Expension (for what that's worth...)
    -MOD, eh it come with a tool set for modding the game
    - More $$$
    -Demanding Requirement

3. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Return it, quick! Bethesda is about to release the "Game of the Year" edition for XBox, which will include both expansions.

4. L Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

With the expansions now available on the Xbox version (as the GotY edition), that is one difference between the two gone.

However, if you can run the PC version, there are for me two things which stand out in that versions favour. The Construction Set, which allowing you to modify the game is probably for most people irrelevant, but then there are people who do, and there are certainly a large number of mods (of mixed quality) out on the net.

The second advantage of the PC is the console within the game. Unfortunately it can from time to time throw up the odd awkward problem, which a simple console command can fix. I've seen posters asking how to get out of a sticky patch, but having been on Xbox haven't been able to do.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, I decided to return the xbox game and go for the PC. It came with one of the expansion packs which is enough for me for now :D . I'm going to install it as soon as my computer finishes defragging. I do like the idea of having a toolset by the way.

6. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

GET THE PC VERSION! :)

Trust me, those mods will make a good differance. Some are very poor but some are very very good, and will add a lot to your game.

There are also some Total Conversion mods out there, some of which are bigger than the original game, and have gotten reviews better than the original game. I haven't played any of these, (I don't play Morrowind at all anymore) but it effectuively means you're buying far more than one game for the same price.

Edit, just saw your post, good decision.

The other benefit to the console/construction set is you can fix any bugs you come across, or tweak things to suit your own tastes. Very handy when a quest get's broken because the actor dissapeared when they shouldn't have.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

X-Box means no mods and plugins, and there are some really interresting things outthere which will forever be lost for you if you stick with the X-Box version.

8. Muskstick Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Go for the PC version, the level editor allows for plenty of time wasting!!!

9. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

PC,PC,PC
    Plugins add alot to the game

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.