1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I found a nice way to heal someone

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Neeraj the Freak Paladin, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I started the Planar Sphere quest yesterday and I have yet to have my guys rest.

After a tough battle I had to heal my guys, and I didnt rest yet, and I went into another tough battle and had my guys at half strength.

The really cool way I found to heal someone is:

Have the Cloak of Sewers on you! Put it on the person you want to heal, make them turn into a troll, and watch the regeneration magic! Jaheira was straight real close to death, and due to her injury she couldnt cast spells without being interupted, so I made her activate the cloak, and in no time she was back at full HP and it carried over when I immediately made her into human form again!

sweet eh?

[ September 16, 2003, 03:11: Message edited by: Neeraj in Athkatla ]

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Uh, yeah, OK, good move -- thanks for sharing. There's also the ring of regeneration, the Ring of Gaxx, and some regeneration potions out there that also do the regeneration trick -- and, IIRC, the mage spell polymorph self also has troll as an option.

3. The DMage Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My solo blade would do that, if he still had enough spells for the next fight, instead of resting.

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

In the TDD mod there's a staff called the Staff of Healing which let's you cast Heal 5 times a day, IIRC.

5. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yeah (laughs at self). Those are definately better methods than the one I posted. But I don't have any of those items as of yet, so just had to make do.

By the way, forgive my ignorance, but what does IIRC mean?

6. Kezardin Gems: 3/31

IIRC = if I remember/recall correctly

You can also use the rod of resurrection to heal (non-dead) characters - anywhere on the map...

(cough) *cheeze* (cough) :D

7. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

BTW, is it cheesy to use Ribald's ring of regeneration, passing it from char to char until they are full HP, and never have to heal smeone?

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I wouldn't call that cheesy at all, Wil -- if you're short of healing resources, you use what you have. It might take a while, though, to get everyone up to snuff, but it is possible. I often do this with the ring of gaxx, the ring of regeneration I got from Irenicus' dungeon, and I believe there's a piece of headgear that also regenerates. This does wonders for a wounded character.

9. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

LKD, where is there a Ring of Regeneration in Irenicus's Dungeon?

BTW, the headgear you were talking about is called "The Braces of Trollkind" :D

10. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I can't remember... but does Polymorph Self give the same transformation options as the Cloak of the Sewers?

If so, we just might have found a decent healing spell for mages... at the cost of losing a stoneskin though :(

11. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

MC, IIRC in the Spellhold dungeon, you can get a regeneration ring if you answer riddles correctly. I'm sorry if I made you think it was in the first Athkatla dungeon.
    The headgear of which I speak is an Ioun stone, though I can't remember which one.

[ September 17, 2003, 19:43: Message edited by: Lord Keldin Depaara ]

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

The Ioun Stone is found in the Shade Lord dungeon in the lava pits. I always found it to be way too slow, though.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yeah, that stone is kind of slow, but as something to wear while walking or travelling, it is kind of nice. And like I said, couple it with some other regenerative toys and you have something to talk about!

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Smart boy! :thumb: :D

15. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Have you ever tried to have one's fire resistance over 100%?? the result is that when that character is hit by fire, instead of losing hps, she is healed :D . That is, when Korgan has full set of the Dragon and the Ring of Fire Resistance, when that filthy priest cast "HEaven Strike" Upon Korgan, HE regains HP.

"Oh, oh" :jawdrop: (LAst words from a Faith Warrior..)

"Ooooooh, this is gonna HURT" (Quote from Mad Dwarf..)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.