1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Raising dead

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Spudsquisher, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

How long do you have before a character is 'gone for good' ? when i fought the shadow dragon, both jaheira and aeire got killed..but i ran all the way back to athkatla and went into the temple of helm and raised them both...

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I dont think that the time limit to raise someone was implemented in BG2 (If I'm wrong feel free to correct me), so the only ways of permanently dieing would be taking too much damage, certain spells and dismissing someone from your party when their dead.

3. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

You can always set the game's difficulty to normal, so your characters can't permanently die (except with those guys of the Rune, when you open the door and the trap springs, I was dead beyond ressurection!).

4. Avooch Dar Guest

Usually the game goes that if the portrait dissapears thats it no more person.
    This usually happens when they get fried by lightning or sizzled by flames, frozon or have a critical hit on them for the last hit which chunkifies them!

5. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

And that CAN happen in normal difficulty level. This is not different from core.

6. shadow_thief Guest

when they are 'gone for good' they are: frozen, got death spell or disinigrate etc. cast upon them, they are blown up to pieces( :D its usually fun to wtach if its not u!), and they get sizzled.

7. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The Raise Dead limit is one day per level of the cleric. Most Temple clerics are about level 20 so if you don't take a month to get them there they can be raised. The permanently die option means you don't have to roll vrs your constitution to see if you can be raised.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.