1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you think the dropping share of PCs in the gaming market will kill PC games?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by chevalier, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

as long as the price of ps3 stays at an outrageous $600,there will be pc games.i know i can't pay that kind of money for it.and i'm sure i'm not the only gamer in the world that isn't rich.if they stop making ps2 games,the only thing i can get are pc games.besides,i have plenty of both types of games.i think there will always be a place for pc games

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Back then this was an excuse for why games were expensive, so there's no reason to expect companies to drop it anytime soon.

To be fair I would have expected the avalanche of poor quality games and flood of sequels to have killed PC games several years ago. It doesn't help when pre-beta versions of games are released as retail products and gamers are expected to buy them and have an unplayable game until patch #20 is released. If all this hasn't killed PC games, then I doubt anything ever will.

I'm not terribly satisfied with the quality of games released for PCs nowadays, but considering I can't think of a single console-only game that I would consider playing there's no point whatsoever in replacing my PC gaming with a console.

3. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

{Details of factors that SHOULD have killed off PC gaming, like shoddy plot/gameplay, buggy releases,etc.}

Nope, I doubt ANYTHING will EVER finish off the community/genre/hobby - never underestimate the sheep-like nature of the customer to take "what they're given" regardless of how worthy it is of being accepted... *baaa!* :)

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

you underestimated the versatility of pc. So what if all we have is console? We still have emulators. PC can do what console cannot. PC games can let user enrich the gaming life and experience, i.e. Aurora toolkit, counter strike etc. Yes, console brings in money, but this is one time cash. PC game has the potential to generates money upon money. So, actually, i am pretty optimistic. Harsher environment for PC games just pushes developers to make better games.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.