1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Platforms and FAVOURITE GAMES on each of them!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Cal Yhringlor, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]My iMac arrive before consoles in matter of playing time :
    (BG 1&2 games :) ; IWD ; Civilization Demo for musics and athmosphere ; the immortal Civ II :thumb: :thumb: ; Civ III ; Age Of Empires I & II games ; Diablo II ; etc ...),

... but thereafter, my consoles :

PS2 mainly, widely ahead,
    (Ultra-excellent game DRAKAN-The-Ancient-Gates™ :thumb: :thumb: ; the excellent Summoners I and, at top, II ! ; the 3 "pseudo-BG" games : DarkAlliance I & II, + Champions-Of-Norrath ; and sometimes several silly games as Dark-Chronicle, etc ...).

The old (but VERY vaillant !) console Nintendo 64, where I am playing :
    the marvellous ZELDA Ocarina of Time™ :thumb: :thumb: , (and sometimes ZELDA Majora's Mask) ; games as Pilot Wings, which relax a lot any man ! ;) ; and fight between 2 planes, with my concubine, in an option of LYLAT-Wars™.

Note : I have the Nintendo games Cube, but I never play to it , since I am blocked in Gods Towers, and I never found an other game to play with than ZELDA-WindWaker (except the chieldish Star-Fox).

Then, at end, the too big console XBox360, where I NEVER play,
    ... since I HATE the game for which I have bought it :
    NOTE : [ I HATE Elder Scrolls series, and, in particular, OBLIVION, a "Game Without Soul" :mad: , (as someone described it in a Amazon.com report) , and I regret near-every-coin I have put into this game, and into the very expensive console XBox360.
    [ Only positive point for me, in Oblivion, is to buy and equip (mainly by telekinesis for small items) several houses. Ppfff ! ].

• What a pity ! I don't own the old PLAIN "Xbox" console, and a EXCELLENT game that I have played numerous times in Swiss, in holidays, in the home of one of my 2 best friends : that game is :
    << ARX FATALIS >>
    , and is near-as-good as Drakan, without dragon, but with cool diamond-like teleport-zones, and much more !!! Play it ! :thumb: (you can play it on your PCs, but for me, I cannot : the game don't run on Apple computers, and neither in new XBox360, alas).

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Buy yourself Dead Rising for your 360. Trust me, I'm a doctor :D

3. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

I am not surprised you have often toothache, Daie d'Malkin. The wicked are always punished ! :grin: :D :shake: ... and doctors are in Europe, pity for you ! :p

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Going by age:

Pong C-100

Arcade: Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Centipede, Dig-Dug, Galaxian

Nintendo: Castlevania 2, Super Mario Bros., Tetris

Sega Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog and Mortal Kombat 2

Personal Computer: Angband, Zangband, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale, Dungeon Siege, The Sims, Minesweeper, RuneScape, Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    SNES - Chrono Trigger, it kicks ass period.
    NES - SMB III , FF I , Dragon Quest III
    N64 - Ocarina of Time
    PS2 - FF X , Onimusha I,II,III , Disgaea , Metal Gear Solid II, III , Xenosaga I; Der will zur Macht
    PC - BG I, II , IWD I, II , Spellforce II , Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodline / Redemption , NWN I , F.E.A.R , Oblivion.
    Nintendo DS - New Super Mario Bross , FF III (upcoming but will kick ass nonetheless) , Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney , Castlevania ???? ,
    SEGA Genesis (North American Mega Drive) - Phanyasy Star III, IV , Sonic I,II,III ,
    Game Boy Advance - Sword of Mana , FF I et II Dawn of Soul , Super Mario Bros Advance IV: Super Mario Bros III (Has got to be the most retard name EVER).

That's about it. :D

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    PC. Enough said. :D It's difficult for me to nominate favourite games as the modern ones stand on a completely different level from those I played when I was younger. There's just no comparison between Prince of Persia and NWN. ;) In the modern times, the favourites would be the BG saga, NWN, maybe the IWD saga, probably Fallouts, MM6, maybe MM7. I liked Emperor: Battle for Dune for the gameplay, but what they did to the story and characters was just not right (Duke Leto Atreides who was specifically named a Greek and a descendant of Agemnon and whose facial features were described in the book IIRC couldn't possibly be black in the book but they still replaced him with a black Duke Achilles Atreides probably for the sake of political correctness :rolleyes: ). Crusader Kings seem to be high on the list too. ;) Had a lot of fun with Morrowind as well. ;)

7. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I've got...

My trusty laptop - hard to choose a favorite game here. I'll just say Planescape: Torment 'cause it's freaking awesome.
    GameCube - my favorite here would be the Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker. If I had to describe the game in one word, it'd be "beautiful" :D
    PlayStation 2 - I don't think I can name a favorite here. I've had lots of fun with lots of games, but I guess Dynasty Warriors 3 gave me the most fun. Wasted away a summer on this bad boy with a friend of mine.
    Xbox 360 - definitely Dead Rising. Mmmm, zombies.
    Nintendo DS - my favorite is without question Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Hilarity on top of a great story makes for a great game.
    SNES - Donkey Kong Country is the only game I have for it anymore :p
    Sega Genesis - I absolutely love Rock 'N Roll Racing. Just the right combination of racing and carnage.
    Nintendo 64 - it's either Ocarina of Time or Starfox 64. I can't choose, they're both fantastic.

8. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I won't bother mentioning my various Nintendo systems, since I stopped using them years ago.

PC: One from each genre should do, I think

-Fallout 2 (not as 'omfg awesome' as PS:T the first time through, but stands up better to repeated playing)
    -Half-Life 2 (immersion for the win)
    -Supreme Commander (Beta; it's still quite possibly the best RTS I've played)
    -Combat Mission: Afrika Corps (your one-stop-shop for uncompromisingly realistic WWII combat)
    -IL-2/Forgotten Battles (uncompromising realism, solid graphics, customizability = awesome)
    -Nascar Racing 2003 Season (Newbie friendly, but still at the forefront of realism)
    -Jagged Alliance 2 (beats out X-Com for best turn-based squad battle game I've played)

9. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

NES: Castlevania, Super Mario Bro.
    SNES: Super Mario World, FF 6, Ogre Battle Saga & Tactics Ogre, Chrono Trigger
    SEGA Saturn: Dark Stalker & Vampire Savior, Dragon Force 1 & 2, The King of Fighters 95 & 96, Guardian Heroes, Langrisser 3
    PS2: Dynasty Warriors 4, I love Katamari, Devil May Cry 2, Onimusha 3, Super Robot Wars Series (Alpha Gaiden & F for PS 2nd Alpha for PS2)
    PC: Baldur's Gate 2: SoA & ToB, NWN, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Black & White

Enjoyed SEGA Saturn alot...even when SEGA was collapsing and SONY took over the video game market and everyone around me was playing PS...

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

PC: Ps:T, Fallout, BG1
    N64: Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark
    Gameboy: Donkey Kong Land series, Kirby's Dreamland (probably mostly nostalgia there...)
    Gamecube: Never really played it and don't have much in the way of games for it.

11. Dethwynd Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Nes: Dragon Quest III & IV
    Snes: Chrono Trigger, FF III/VI, Seiken Densetsu series, Tales of Phantasia, Earthbound
    N64: GoldenEye, LoZ:OoT/MM
    PS1: Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean 2, FF 1/2/4/5/6/7/8/9, Chrono Cross, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete, Legend of Dragoon Final Fantasy Tactics.
    PS2: Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance, FFX/X-2, Star Ocean TTEoT, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss
    PC: Baldurs Gate 1/2/ToB, PST, IWD1/2, Diablo1/2
    Game Boy: The Final Fantasy Adventure
    Gameboy Color: Dragon Warrior III
    Gameboy Advance: Final Fantasy 1/2 DoS, Sword of mana, LoZ: LttP
    Gamecube: Harvest Moon: AWL, Tales of Symphonia

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

...eh? What?

13. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

— OK, Daie d'Malkin, I want believe that, for THAT time, your thoughts were pure ... :lol:

But, without laugh, let me clear my position :
    horror-type movies or games, Resident Evil-like, or your "Dead Rising" have not even ONE chance to be bought by me !

I don't like that stuff. :nolike: :(
    As I have exposed several times in some forums, I don't like Elder Quests either, and I value for nothing the long hours I have spent in the silly dungeons of that soulless game, Oblivion. But, there is ONE thing that I have learn in these dungeons :
    I don't be interested by zombies, NO ; nor normal zombies, and neither headless zombies.

At any times. In any places !
    ;)

14. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I will just pick games that are still fun to play.

ZX Spectrum 128k:
    • Ninja Scooter
      Renegade/Target Renegade
      Double Dragon
      Ninja Massacre
      Dizzy
      Chase HQ
      NARC
      Robocop
      Sisco Heat
      Enduro Racer
    Megadrive:

• Road Rash
      Splatter House 2
      Rock n' Roll Racing
      Shining Force 1 & 2
      Phantasy Star 3 & 4
      Sonic 2
      Mortal Kombat 2
      Rocket Knight Adventures
      Zombies Ate My Neighbours
      Speedball
    Gameboy Colour/GBA/NDS

• Pokemon Red, Sapphire and Crystal
      Advance War
      Resident Evil
      Mario Kart
    PC:

Too many to mention

15. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

— Incredible, our differences of choices, for now ! :whoa: :eek: :jawdrop:

• Among all of us, (for now), Jhonka seems to be the more eclectic, with both choices of "horror" and "wonder" types.

... But I want see the choices ot others, (in particular those of the more ancient members of Bo'M). ;)

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I like most of the Dynasty Warriors series from PS2.

17. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Cal, ARX FATALIS is also for pc (I picked it up the other day for dirt cheap, dusted it off, and had a blast).

Nintendo: Turtles 1&2, techno football, that robot baseball game :D
    Genesis: Castlevania, Comix Zone, Streets of Rage
    SNES: FF's, Marioworld!, Turtles in Time, Starfox, etc
    3d0: Gex, Crash and Burn
    Playstation: Castlevania: SotN, Legends of Gaia, FF7(only), Armored Core (s)
    PS2: Armored Care (s), FF's, MG,
    Gamecube: Gladius, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario
    PC: Any of the 'classic RPG's'(fallout, Infinity Engine games), Diablo(s), Dynasty Warriors, Age of Wonders... erg, the list goes on. However, I've noticed that I hate most games post 2001...

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Uhh...

PC - BG2, ES4 - Oblivion, POP 1,2,3
    PS2 - FFX, Tekken 5, Tekken Tag Tournament
    Gameboy Advance - Fire Emblem 6,7 & 8, Golden Sun 1 & 2
    PSP - Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, Tales of Eternia, Ace Combat X - Skies of Deception
    N64 - Perfect Dark, Mortal Kombat 3

19. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

PC - Torment, Morrowind, Majesty: Northern Kingdoms
    Gamecube - Super Smash Bros., Beyond Good and Evil
    Mega Drive - Sonic 3, Tazmania: Escape from Mars
    GBA - Castlevania: Aria of Sorrows

20. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

[​IMG] PC
    - Baldur's Gate
    - Day of the Tentacle (Maniac Mansion 2)
    - Freedom Force
    - Grim Fandango
    - Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
    - Thief 2: The Metal Age
    - Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness

NES
    - Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
    - Solstice
    - Super Mario Bros 3
    - Willow

SuperNES (Or Super Famicom)
    - Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)
    - Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers

SEGA Megadrive (Genesis)
    - Shining Force 2
    - Soleil
    - Sonic & Knuckles

[ November 16, 2006, 09:30: Message edited by: Colthrun ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.