1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which games are we waiting for?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Goli Ironhead, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Now, then. I noticed that the "What games are you playing now"-thread is quite popular, but there isn't a thread of same genre for games we are waiting for.
    So, I hereby suggest we make this thread for games -of any- genre we are waiting for.

As for me, there's two. Warhammer: Mark Of Chaos promises to be a good one, and having liked the Dawn Of War, I might at least purchase it. The trailers this far seem good. I DO know they're not from same developers, but still, I'm a Warhammer Fan, trough and trough. AND you can play as Skaven. Need I say more?

Spore. It's SPORE, need I say more? :D

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

For me it's Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars and Darkstar One

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Nothing. Nothing at all. I'm perfectly satisfied with the games I have now (I love replaying classics), and every once in a while I'm clued in to another good game that already exists. Sure, it means I'm constantly behind the curve, but it also means lower prices. ;)
    Actually, yes. I've heard Spore this, Spore that, Spore gives you candy...but never anything about what the game is actually like or even any screenshots. Is it an RPG? A strategy game? Simulator or sports? :shake: (Yeah, I could do my own research, but as explained above, I don't care quite that much. ;) )

4. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A western shooter game I saw some screenshots of recently. Its called Call of Juarez, or something like that.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Neverwinter nights 2 of course, and Caesar 4.

Edit: how could i forget Medieval Total War 2.

6. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Lego Star Wars 2, Spore, Zelda.

@Felinoid: I could try and explain Spore, but I doubt I could do it justice. Search YouTube or Google video for Spore or 'Spore GDC' and hopefully all questions will be answered.

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Medieval Total War 2! Can't wait!

8. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

The next installment in the Final Fantasy series.

More Metal Gear.

Medieval 2

9. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Medieval Total War 2, Might and Magic: Dark Messiah [However, I fear this may turn out to be a crushing disappointment]and Neverwinter Nights 2.

10. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Felinoid, ask and ye shall be given :D

Gameplay video

I know it starts a bit slow at first, but I also guarantee it will not continue like that for long. Too bad we won't be seeing it during this year at least, if any signs are to be believed...

11. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Nothing at the moment. I was very disappointed by M&M 5

12. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Fallout 3 and Baldurs Gate III. These games have to live up to my standards however.

13. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    NWN 2 & the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

14. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Will Wright said in a recent interview on Gamespot that he's aiming for a second half of 2007 release, but he also said that they've got all the stuff down, its just polishing, but I guess its so huge theres alot to polish :p

My list: Spore (PC), Battlefield 2142 (PC), Warhammer: Mark Of Chaos (PC), Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (PC), Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)...theres probably more, and I'll probably run out of room on my Hard drive before they're released lol :D ...oh and am I allowed to say Elder Scrolls V even though nothing has been said? ;)

I'm also wanting an Xbox 360 so I could list the games for that but I won't cos...well I dn't own one yet.

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Felinoid, there's been a Spore trailer in the SPS area for quite some time... Not that it gives much of an idea what the game is about, but it's pretty cool. :D

16. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

NWN2
    Fallout 3
    Hellgate: London
    Warhammer: MoC
    Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
    Spore
    UT2007
    HL2: Episode 2
    Just Cause
    Gothic 3
    Maelstrom

I'll be spending a lot of money soon...

17. Stardust Gems: 7/31

Duke Nukem Forever!

18. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Stardust gave me a pretty good laugh there :p

19. Stardust Gems: 7/31

I guess the forever in the title refers to the development time :)

20. Slowpoke Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Medieval: Total War 2, Warhammer: Mark of Chaos and Supreme Commander.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.