1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which paid-for downloadable games do you have?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Shell, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    As the heading says, which ones do you have?

At the moment I'm playing Virtual Villagers which you can download from Here (trial version avaiable)
    It's a bit like Black & White

Fish Tycoon available from Here Haven't got the hang of it yet

and Diner Dash available from Here (You may have to be a member, not too sure)

Basically you're a waitress serving tables. Gets very fast! :)

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I don't do that many downloadable games. I have dial up, and if the file is big, it takes all night to download it...

3. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have Mount&Blade - awesome medieval action RPG: www.taleworlds.com

I have some other demos, but I never got around to buying them, so I don't suppose they count...

5. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    It is :)
    I'm currently playing one with all my characters named after BOM members. Felinoid and Arabwel have 4 children :eek: and Taluntain is a proficient farmer :lol:

6. Gnarfflinger

I'm guessing that I ended up with the town drunk or something like that. Not saying you don't like me, but I just have that kind of luck...

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Damn you, Shell! You've gotten me hooked on VV.
    In my game, you're the best farmer there. The original, actually. And you've had 2 or 3 kids with Nakia, the first doctor. You're both getting pretty old, though.

8. Gnarfflinger

At least I am useful...

9. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'll second Aikanaro's recomendation for Mount&Blade - I bought it last week and its truly awsome. Only 55 Mb - I d/l with dial up fine. There's a tonne of mods for it too!

10. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Mount&Blade here, as well. Awesome game, and since I got it already, I don't need to worry about purchasing it for much more when it goes to 1.00.

11. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Red Orchestra, Half-Life 2 and episode 1, Sin - Emergence.

I'm a collector. I like having hard boxes of my games - so I don't do much in downloadable games.

12. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I have none, sorry :
    :o
    — Download games isn't in my habits, but I have nothing against that ! ...

• But I am tempted by your " Virtual Villagers ", and also by an other game, (on the TOP-5 of your same site, SHELL) :
    << Mystic Inn >>.
    It is looking attractive. :)

Alas, the Apple versions are only under Mac OS X, and my computer is under Mac OS 9.2 (and was freezing when an install of Mac OS X was attempted, one or two years ago).

On middle of January I shall own a new modern Apple of 20'' screen with Mac OS X installed and Intel microprocessors, [ I hate PC ], but, until that ... :(

By the way I don't like, either, the " forcing " of BigFish.com to demand your private email adress, only to download a "demo" (trial) version. :nolike:
    It is really discourteous. (For a Frenchman, in all cases).

— But the games ideas seem fine, for lot of them ; and I like trials. (Even now, I sometimes play to " Age of Empires Trial ", for the unique musics and atmosphere !!!)
    :thumb:
    [ That trial was NOT download, but from a CD sold with a Mac periodic ].

[ November 16, 2006, 19:59: Message edited by: Cal Yhringlor ]

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

None. I never even knew you could download games.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Has anyone downloaded the new Sam and Max adventures? The first and maybe a couple more episodes are supposed to be out now aren't they?

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    First one, yes... there's also a demo out. It'll be in the SPS area along with a new trailer tomorrow.

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Virtual Villagers looks a lot like a game I used to play called Space Colony. I don't know if you can download the whole game off the net, but if you ever come across it (is should be dirt cheap if you can find it) I recommend getting it. I had a lot of fun with it and it has a great sense of humor.

Here is a site to download a demo http://www.gamershell.com/download_3285.shtml

17. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yes, forgot to mention that game. :) I'm glad how it turned out, as it is very true to the original game - Max' voiceover is a bit different, but still hilarious. Sam sounds as he always did.

18. Gnarfflinger

I actually have the registered version of "Astral Tournament" and a demo of "Astral Masters". Tournament is good. It's a wizzard duel basically.

19. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Defcon: Everybody Dies

Quite good. If you've ever wanted to turn the world into a glass parking lot, this $15 game is for you.

Bloodrayne

Well. It's entertaining for the price ($10), but I'm glad I didn't pay full retail or anything. If I had, I'd feel cheated, but I actually feel I got my money's worth.

Both from Steam (also have HL2, HL2: Ep1, and Sin: ep 1, but since I got boxed copies, don't think they count)

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Defcon: Everybody Dies is awesome - I have the unregistered version only though, because I'm cheap.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.