1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Castlevania: Symphony of the night on Emulator

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ofelix, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm going to borrow this game from a friend, (because I've heard some good thing about it mainly) But since I have no psone memory card for my PS2, I decided to get an emulator, ePSXe (I think emulator aren't illegal what is illegal is downloading games AFAIK) and I wonder if the quality of the game will be as good as playing it on a real PSOne.

[ September 19, 2005, 16:23: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yes, it's the sams quality. I've been playing Twister Metal 2 with ePSXe and it's just like playing on a PSone. Just pop in the game CD in your comp drive and you won't need to download the game.

3. Ofelix

Media:
    OKay try it, it's a blast but I've no music at all! What's the problem? I'm running the latest ePSXe.

4. Disciple of The Watch

No sound at all? Hmm... either it's a problem with your soundcard, or a configuration problem with ePSXe. Try changing the active sound plugin to ePSXe core 1.0.1, and enable all the options in the menu. It should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

5. wenchwogg Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

Just going to randomly put in here that SOTN is the best Castlevania game ever made.

It's too good :(

6. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Aria of Sorrow on the GBA is much better. Symphony of the Night is still good, though, but I like collecting the monsters' souls for new kinds of attack, stat bonuses etc.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Call me a puritan, but I swear by Castlevania II: Simon's Quest on good old 8-bit NES. The music in Castlevania (the last town duh!) is just SO DAMN GOOD! It's baffling that Dracula is SOOOOO easy though. Gold dagger rocks!

The poll is up! Vote for your fav Castlevania adventure!

[ September 21, 2005, 00:43: Message edited by: Shadow Scorpion ]

8. wenchwogg Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I didn't think so, but Aria was pretty awesome ^^;

9. Disciple of The Watch

BTW, Ofelix, has your sound issue with ePSXe been sorted out?

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Nowhere I fear. But I got other things to do/play... Ahem Baldur's Gate and mainly Cégep stuff... Y'know what I mean?

11. Disciple of The Watch

"cegep stuff"? Yeah, that reminds me of my own years in cegep. Basically beer bashes, lots of weed-smoking and of course, *ahem*, woman. You know what I mean.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.