1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Half-life 2 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Elvenblade, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I finnished the game now and it was the best FPS game I've played so far :thumb:

But who's that guy that talks to you at the very end of the game? The one that's carrying a briefcase.
    You'll also see him at the start of the game and you can also spot him for brief moments during the game.

Is he in Half-life 1 too?

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

That's the G-man. You see him at the end of the original, and if you look carefully, you'll see him throughout both games in odd places. I'm not sure if there's an official word on who he is, exactly. I do know it's a rather popular rumour that he's Gordon Freeman travelled back in time, but odds are that's a load of nonsense.

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, it is about the only FPS worth playing right now but it wasn't perfect. Not enough gore. There were some great parts in the game but I didn't like it no where near as much as I liked HL.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Same here; somehow it lacked in the sci-fi department where HL1 was the strongest -perhaps because the main enemies are now humans and not aliens... Also, they should had kept, at least, the gibbing in case you want to give those goddamn snipers what they deserve.

Some story wouldn't had been a bad idea either...

5. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

[​IMG] Elvenblade, you.... haven't played Half Life 1? :hmm:

6. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31

eh... no :mommy:

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Oh, the horror! Stop this desecration of Gaming History and download it! :p

8. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yes I agree, Half Life 1 is one of those games that MUST BE PLAYED. Even if the ending is weird. Just HL2. After I finished it I kept asking myself: What? What is going on here? Where did the G man just go to? What happened to Alex Vance? What was the G man talking about? And so on.

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Alex kicked the bucket, I hope; she was a pain in the arse through the game. It was just incredibly artificial when they found out the traitor scientist and the player is forced to listen her and Alex's little debate instead of just placing a bullet into her head after the info. Hell, once I even took the bazooka, sat down next to the arguing pair, and shot to the floor right at our feet. Ironically, it was only ME who got fragged while the two kept continuing the farse. :shake:

10. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

11. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

LOL there's a Friendly Fire mod out now. Go get it and frag all the good guys you want. Aren't the snipers annoying? They aren't damagable except by explosives, so you'd think they might have had a gib animation..

I know it's sad, but I hadn't played HL either when I got HL2. But that's alright because I've got the Source version now.

Personally, I loved HalfLife 2. It had a really interesting enemy -the Combine- which AFAIK were just mysterious enough. BTW guys, the Combine Soldier isn't human, not really. In Highway 17 (or Sandtraps, can't remember) there's a generator just outside a town with a fence around it. Get over the fence where it's damaged, and there's some graffiti showing the evolution from apes to us to the Combine humans.

12. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

I don't want to frag the good guys; I simply want to gib the traitor scientist before she (typically and all-thanks-to-Alex) betrays again. :(

13. wenchwogg Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I recently beat the game myself, and I thought it was fantastic. Best FPS I've played in quite some time.

I agree there needed to be a bit more gore -- I'm not macabre or anything, it's just silly when you toss a grenade and the Combine just kind of fall down in one piece. My only other complaint with the game is that the vehicle bits, while fun, were a pain in the neck to control.

My favorite level is probably Nova Prospekt, as leading the Ant Lion army was an unhealthy amount of fun. Ravenholm was probably my second favorite level as I loved the atmosphere.

14. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

On this excellent site you will find every question you might have (storywise) answered.

The one thing that makes Half-Life 2 the really great game it is to me is the Super Gravity Gun. Oh what fun did I have with that little toy!

And for even more fun after that: GARRY'S MOD! Just download it and have heaps of fun. Trust me.

15. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31

That site answered many of my questions. Thanks a lot for posting the link :thumb:

I've almost finished Half-life 1 now :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.