1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Jesper898, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Anyone else played it yet?

It's the best ps2 game I've ever played.
    Sneaking around in the jungle is awesome, and the story is simply AMAZING.

:banana:

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I saw a 12 minute film reel of it quite some time ago and I've been wanting to see the real article since.

My cousin noticed in the reel that Snake was missing an eye and it was set in the 1960s. Do you actually play as Big Boss, rather than Snake?

3. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

SPOILERS!-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Yeah, you play as Big Boss, and it's set in 1964.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Hmmm, I thought 17th November was the UK release but my local GAME store says March :nolike:

It looks great, but I don't like the names of the bosses.

Jesper898, can you send me a PM with the general story and plot twists you've had so far (I don't mind spoilers so feel free to tell all ;) ), does it involve any links to MGS2. I hoped there would be some follow up to the 'Patriots' storyline but if its set in 1964 I'm probably goin to be disappointed.

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

I ordered it from the US ;)

@Malovae: Are you sure about that? It would really be a shame to have the story spoiled. And yes, it does clear up the story of the Patriots.

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yeah, I am one of those strange people that like to know the story before I watch the story... if you follow ;)

I enjoy them more that way. I'm a bit analytical. I read transcripts of episodes of all my fave miniseries before I watch them so I know whats going on.

If you don't have time to fill me in, then don't go to all the bother, I just can't find anything through googling in the way of spoilers so your help would be great.

7. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

I really don't think it would be possible to simply tell the story, without all the little details and stuff it doesn't make much sense. I'm definately not able to tell you the story so it would make any sense, but I'll try to find a synopsis for you.

8. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I really enjoyed this game since it's set during the Cold War but I do have a problem with it.

Japanese motion capture actors. The gestures, poses, movements etc are too japanese. Like young Revolver. He is always pointing with both hands which doesn't seem right for an agent of GRU (or was he KGB?) It's suited for a rogue type of role in a kabuki play for example but not for a soldier in the modern world. Same thing with Eva. She is posing EXACTLY like many young women found in j-pop videos, serials and tv shows.
    The Pain is another perfect example. When you confront him, he is twirling his arms, spinning in place like a Power Ranger (if you saw the show in the early 90s you'd know what I was talking about) or some other kaiju super hero.

Mind you, I'm not racist but I think the game wouldve been better if they had non-japanese motion capture actors.

Also, it wouldve been cool to hear russian actually spoken in the game.

[ December 19, 2004, 04:04: Message edited by: GabrielNYC ]

9. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I haven't beat it yet, but regardless it's the best Metal Gear ever.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.