1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The best class!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Bloodaxe, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Bloodaxe Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

2. shadow_thief Guest

For one thing, it is not druids. And another that there are so many topics on this that it is easier if you just search one up and add your 2 cents. Ok?

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I dont think there is a best class, but many would probably say kensai/mage or a monk.

not that I disagree, though I always just roleplay and pic the class I like the best. Somehow it always seems to some kinda magic user, but anyhow, just roleplay and pic what you like

4. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

trult each class is unique in different situations. so their can be no ultimate best

5. Haymaker D'apeon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Mage/Cleric combo with casting abilities such as tenser transformation, haste, and blade barrier makes a tank that rivals any warrior type. Once attained at a high level could summon big bad skeleton warriors and haste them. Skeleton warriors make good wizard slayers and as well as tanks against warrior types. Magic cleric can find traps, etc as well. Personally, i think it is probably one of the best class combo there is. Next to a war/mag/cler. heh.

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    These are just my HO's: In terms of general flexibility and versatility I would say it's the fighter-mage-thief. Some of the alternatives having his abilities are the bard (a very useful class - though not a frontliner: great pickpocket, good lore & spells, reasonable archer), fighter-thief (fighting abilities, backstabbing, thieving abilities), mage-thief (thieving abilities, backstabbing & spells) and even the less popular thief-cleric (thieving abilities, spells).

It depends on situation and your party composition.

From a sheer power point of view the dc-kensai-mage, cavaliers, monks, dc ranger-clerics and dc fighter-thiefs rank on top.

7. DemoGorgon Guest

I agree with Haymaker, Cleric/Mages are awesome. Druids? NO Monks? never tried em

8. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, I love my Sorceress. Lots of people have soloed with sorcerers (I've never tried it, actually; D&D isn't my strongest suit, though I love playing it). At higher levels, give them the Staff of the Magi, Robe of Vecna, Bracers AC3, and a couple of nice rings, and you've got an invincible spellcaster; Tenser's Transformation gives you the BEST tank in the game, with a +5 weapon (Staff of the Magi, again). Need more? ^_^

DC Kensai-Mages are also extremely powerful; I've heard that fighter-clerics are wonderful warriors and, in ToB (once they get their high-level abilities), Druids become top-notch summoners. Really. Plus, a fighter-druid with Ironskins is also a good tank!

9. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I think the monk is the best class later in the game.
    He gets so many cool abilities like magic resistance, immune to non magic weapons, great damage, many attacks and immune to poison. At 21 lev the monk dont even need a party.

10. Lestatpoet Gems: 2/31

At about 9/15 level the kensai/mage doesn't break a sweat anymore, so I would say that is the most powerful. Only two hard fights left at that point, and of course I don't mean the one at the end.

11. bongo tjockskalle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think you could split the best class in two categories.
    Best class a´la powergaming or
    Best class as in most fun to play.

Some of the real powerhouse classes like kensai/mage or ranger/cleric makes it possible to wipeout everything single handedly, and thats when the game stops being fun (been there done that!)

For fun I would have to say that the rouge kits gives most back in terms of experience.

Most fun sofar have been with a Blade (imported bard from bg1, just awesome!)
    and a swashbuckler (for all of us that have seen Errol Flynn in captain Blood)

keep on bouncing
    bongo

[This message has been edited by bongo tjockskalle (edited August 07, 2001).]

12. Malekith Gems: 2/31

Fighter-Clerics they both got a good close combat ability and got some spells to make u even powerfuller in combat or to protect youreself from evil spellcasters!

13. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The sorceror is my answer. This class is the best amongst the magic users, and definetely magic users rule!!! So I vote for the SORCERER...or the monk if you are looking for the ultimate warrior.

14. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think Inquisitors rule, though, i also like Berserks.

15. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Matter of preference of course, but one thing for sure - the best class for BG2 is the one who can deal more damage in the unit time. Kensai. The easiest one to play in party. They never saw what hit them, they can never counterattack. :) Well, of course there are Balors (what? 5 of them, counting 4 in the last battle? ;)), but 'tis why you need a party.

16. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Blade, since I play BG for the role playing...

17. Eurythmic King of Nowhere Gems: 1/31

Kensai is the best! It moves so fast and it totally kicks a$$!

18. Messala Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] My favourite is a thief class and the Assassin kit, the back stab ability with the pision blade arent to be sniffed at.

I also like Undead hunters, but not the best choice if you like doing evil deeds.

19. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

its all a matter of taste. Mines a mage, Mind before Huge muscles that could sqiush a boo

20. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I hope that you guys realize that this is a retorical question. everyone is just listing thier favorite class. But the truth is that there is no BEST class for BGII.

(My favorite has to be either a sorcerer or undead hunter :D)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.