1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why Do Some Games Just Plain Suck?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Elios, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ever play a game and wonder, "Why the hell did someone come up with this?"
    Or how about you're playing a game and wondering why they did something a certain way?
    Take Siphon Filter. Was a hugely anticipated game. Looked great, except one major flaw ruined the whole game. When you are moving around, you can lock on to an enemy. However doing so causes your character to stop dead in his tracks. The analog stick for moving, now controls the crosshairs and where you aim. So, you are running down a bad guy, you lock on, and you are still pressing forward on the stick, what happens? YOu lock on for a second, then the cursor drops down to the ground (or up in the air, depending on how you have the controler figured). Did no one point this out in the beta? Everyone hated it when the game was out?
    Too many games like this to list, thank god for the ability to rent first.

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Syphon Filter has an auto aim anyway, so you can kill chaps on the fly without having to lock on.

Right now I can't think of a game I thought sucked badly. One will definately come though ;)

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Knights of the Crusade for the PS2 was frickin horrible. The gameplay was cheap, the story was lame and the lighting was so bad that I couldn't see jack.. I was an idiot for buying the damn thing :mad:

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

At the risk of sounding cliché, I have to say POR.

That game should never have been made :( .

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Kingpin: The F-word becomes sort of lame after hearing it every 3 seconds.

6. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I kinda felt that way about GTA3 personally.

7. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Descent to Undermountain was probably the worst game ever to be released.

A mix from Ultima Underground with Descent flavored AD&D just gone BAD.

Please don't make me tell you why; I'm tired of obsceneties anyway (and this game is one), and this game shows clearly what happens when an idiot with an MBA thinks "squeeze it pal! MORE!... Anyway gamers are ours and they WILL like it". Wrong pal, we have a brain which dictates our will, not your hungry bank account; besides we're not idiots like you sorry warm-blooded vampire and your little MBA.

Mhmmm... Sort of what happens today isn't it?

8. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Well put, Shadowhunter. Guys with MBA's should stay the **** out of game design, it's about maximum fun or artistic achievement, not about making money at the sake of the consumer.

Now that I'm home, and can look through some games. Beyond Divinity really sucks, pushed out way to early and lacking real depth.

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Counter-Strike.

It's so hard to explain, but it sucks on so many planes. Graphics, sounds, weapon animations, realism, physics, playability.

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Or maybe all the 12 year olds with aimbots talking smack?

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't like counterstrike either, but to be fair, it's more or less a "camaraderie" kind of game. I doubt it would be fun by yourself but my friends seem to like it when they play 10 on 10. and place bets hehe :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.