1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Veldrin, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

Anyone got it yet? I picked it up and so far it isn't bad. I like that you can customize cars and take territory, but the graphics just seem a little different from Vice City.

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Take territory? Is it concentrating more on the 'mob boss' element of Vice city? Can you have your own grunts?

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Up to two grunts I believe. Plus you can ransack houses, and you are required to eat and exercise in oreder to survive. Plus you can swim and ride a bike.

Of course the best place to get info from is from the horses mouth.

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31

It's also the best place for hype, Jaguar :p I'd rely on the opinion of someone who has played the game than someone who is trying to sell it.

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Gamespot gave it a 9.6

I ordered it and expect it either saturday or monday.

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Is it out in the UK yet?

7. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

friday for the UK. I'm goin down asda at midnight to get it. How obsessive am I!?

8. Veldrin

You can have more than 2 people with you, depending on how much 'respect' you have earned. I can already have 4 guys with me. And yeah, breaking into houses is really cool, you actually have to use stealth. Also, taking more territories makes you more money. Sometimes the enemy gangs will even try to take territory from you and you have to go defend it. It's pretty cool. Not to mention that you can use 2 guns at the same time once your skill gets high enough.

[ October 28, 2004, 16:08: Message edited by: Veldrin ]

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Any idea when the PC version is due?

10. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Tell me you're joking. I do those things in my dail life; I don't need to do them in a video game

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It is just me, or is the next GTA game named:

GTA3: Sim City :D

12. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Can you beat up people as exercise and steal their food to eat?

13. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I can't believe that the supermarket wouldn't put them out at midnight and when I went down at 10AM, they were sold out. Were people camping outside or something!!!! I can't get a copy!

14. Veldrin

Weird, every place around here has extras. I got it the day after it came out.

15. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ok, personally, this game friggen rocks. Aside from all the small stuff already mentioned, the map is 3 times that of Vice City... For those of you who have started playing, i am only 7% done with the game and I have already completed all the missions available in Los Santos at the beginning. This game is freaking huge.

Also, remember how most of you guys beat Vice City by using the weapons and armor cheats? Well the creaters obviously look down on it because everytime you use a gun cheat in GTA: SA, your respect drops, which is not a good thing here. However, there is a cheat that ups your health, armor, money, and respect... So that is a good counter.

So far I recommend this game to anyone who liked VC, its great.

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My brother is thinking of buying a console solely so he doesn't have to wait another year until San Andreas comes out for PC.

17. The Kilted Crusader

dman18, you can't actually beat Vice City fully if you use any cheats :p

18. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Crusader, why is that? I have beat Vice City plenty of times and I used the gun and armor cheats, and maybe the rhino tank once.

But still San Andreas is a great game. Right after the beginning a huge twist takes place, and it is still badass.

19. The Kilted Crusader

You can't get the final missions if you use cheats.

20. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Arrived yesterday from Amazon (ordered Sunday). Totally amazing game :) Even if I did lose four hours of playing time by reloading a save that I thought was from ten minutes previous but was in fact from four hours ago :doh:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.