1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kind of An Oldie - Goldeneye (N64)

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Kilted Crusader, Nov 5, 2003.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

In my opinion, this is one of best games ever made. I've never met anyone who doesn't like this game.

The best thing about it though, is the multi-player. I have yet to find another multi-player (that's not online) that is better than this. Even Halo!

But what's your favourite settings for Multi-player?

I always have to play Licence to Kill, as the gameplay is much faster and more exciting. With this scenario any weapon's, except explosive ones, are fine, and any of the locations are great, except temple and the caves, simply because they are dull.

And to that, what is your favourite character that you always use?

I tend to close my eyes and go at random (for luck ;) ), but sometimes I'll choose Trevelyan, just because Sean Bean is ace.

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I really don't like the 007 series. It has absolutely nothing to do with 007. I mean, he hardly uses guns at all and when he does it's not an RPG! WTF is 007 using a rocket launcher or even a shotgun for?!?

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Totally agreed, Morningstar - especially in Multiplayer. The countless hours I spent in my fraternity house with the boys...killing each other...ahh, memories. :sad:

But I also agree with MC - Bond, the man, is not a soldier. He's too sneaky, smart and dashing to do ALL the dirtywork.

Awesome game though. Way ahead of its time.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I didn't really find it all that great, but then, I played Perfect Dark before hand.

5. The Kilted Crusader

I was really suprised at the facility level, it is virtually identical to that of the film.

6. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I only get a chance to play this game at my friend's house... so I suck at it and lose all the time... so in that sense I don't really like the game all that much. But to be fair, it's pretty good - beats all the computer shooter games that I've tried at least.

7. The Kilted Crusader

Gotta love those throwing knives! Has any one else found them down the drain on the bunker level?

Once you get out of your cell, you can use your watch on the drain to your right, and you get around 6 throwing knives!

Better than a kick in the balls.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Good game back then, but now I have MoHAA and NOLF. ;)

That small character is just unfair in multiplayer. :p

9. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Love it :) Favourite mode is licence to kill (one hit kill if that's not whats it's called) on archives with 3 players and power weapons. Fav character being boris.

Unfair is jaws versus oddjob on slappers only, if oddjob crouches then jaws can't hit him.

10. a soubriquet Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Goldeneye really is a great game, as in one of my all-time favorites. The multiplayer is especially exquisite. I always used to run around as one of the guys that is completely dressed in fur, that looks like a monkey, and ran around just chopping people with my hands :D Good times, good times.

11. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Goldeneye was pure ownage ! My favourite was licence to kill in the facility of course and oh what was that map ? I forgot it had two corridors with blue and yellow lights remember ? Played with prox mines or rcp90s in multiplayer as oddjob :) best game ever on n64 for multiplayer !

12. The Kilted Crusader

The game is much better with no radar, especially if you can get several tellies to project the same image. Then you cover up the other parts of the screen with card or whatever, then make sure no-one can see another persons screen. You'll probably s*it a brick when you have no idea where anyone else is!

BTW, can anyone stand playing in Normal mode, it is certainly not as fast playing as Licence to Kill, and you have those constant anoying grunts as you get peppered (Oh god, sudden memory of that Yaga-Shura guy) by machine gun fire.

13. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I've never seen the movie, but having played through the game a million times, I probably would have the plot memorized anyway. I remember recently being somewhat amused by the fact that this n64 game shows damage much more realistically than some 'next generation' games. I mean, you shoot a guy in the leg, he grabs his leg and jumps up and down. Shoot him in the ass and get a strangely satisfying jump out of him. I also remember being an absolute cheating fiend and playing multiplayer mode in tiny bond mode as oddjob.

14. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

simply pistol duels (no magnums) on license to kill,
    in the bunker in the long corridor. A close second was ak vs rocket launcher (where ak would almost always win). After playing that game for hundreds of hours, power weapons got boring, prox mines allowed anybody to put somebody in a 20+ spawn kill loop, and allowed all of us to learn how to dodge rockets.

Side not their is a basic soldier in the mp side of the game that has a hitbox issues, on many occasions people have taken rockets to the chest with him and surrivied on license to kill.

Try the pistol duels, they are quite fun, and teach you how to strafe and shot acurately.

15. Muskstick Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Nothing beats piling up 20 Remote mines in the bathroom of the Facility(?) then waiting for your oppenent to run in there and boom!

16. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I agree that Golden eye was great but the reload times were far too fast, Perfect dark and Tom clancys Rainbow Six: Rouge spear have much better reload times. in golden it was like press reload, and then *click* reloaded, in the latters it took 2-5 seconds with very nice sound and visual effects with it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.