1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your oldest PC game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Apeman, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I think I still have my first PC games... yep. There's Descent, which I got from my sister, and X-Wing Alliance, the first ever PC game that I got for myself. Oh, and some veryold demos and stuff I inherited with my very first computer... scary. Very scary.

I think I got a renewed interest on X-Wing alliance.... I need a joystick. :p

*sigh*

I wonder how my life would be, had I never bought the game? Because I think had I not gotten the game I'd gone to school on a certain monday, and possibly I would not havve had to spend so freaking long a time institutionalized....

Yep, buying that game was a "trousers of time" event for me.

*sigh*

Exscuse the total offtopicness....

2. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

The oldest game I had was some sort of ninja game(I never knew its real name) for DOS(on a 386), pacman, and a game called China, where you have a palne and shoot everything in sight. But they're all long gone, and I wouldn't play them even if I still had them(I can't unless I install Windows 98 or something).
    My earliest game for Windows was X-Wing Collector's series(TIE Fighter, X-Wing, and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter flight school all in one), and Jedi Knight special edition(includes Mysteries of the Sith).

3. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Hmm... I think my earliest game was a Voc 24 game, some pinball or something like that :D
    Pinball Wizard etc :D :D

The oldest game on my box is probably Doom II or Eye of the Beholder 3..

Though I remember having Wolfenstein I ages ago :)

Currenltly oldest game on my comp = Champions of the Krynn (89, ega :D ).. And I suggest for everyone all the Krynn games if you havent played them.. a bit old but stories are excellent :)

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Where did you get the Krynn game, Grandalf? I'd locve to find them but have thus far been unsuccessfull....

5. Xerxes Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My oldest game is that great classic ALLEY CAT! :D :D :D

I also have some semi-old games, warcraft 2, heavy gear, monster truck madness 2, Jedi knight + mysteries of the sith, dungeon keeper, sam and max hit the road, quake 2

6. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I still have my oldest game, which was the original gold box Pool of Radiance, complete with the silly wheel thingie that came with it to unlock the game before it could be played (have to love that old technology).

I still have Darklands on 5.25, which was a great RPG in its time. But my favorite "oldie" is Master of Magic. An excellent game, IMO.

7. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Master of Magic deserves an honourary mention. I have it somewhere, copied it to CD for storage, and I still play it every so often.

Great game.

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Oregon Trail. I think that just about every North American played that on the old green screens.

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    :eek:

Ye got to be kidding?!

I've done some search and I found my olde Warcraft: Orc and Human

While It's not my oldest it is still my oldest you know, it ain't the game I've first bought but it is still the oldest game

I've bought it for 5 bucks three year ago! :shake:

10. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Strike Squad is my oldest game. Each saved game file on that baby was 22MB+!!! Ridiculuos back in the day when PCs had 100MB of space. The game itself had a a lot of promise and a lot of bugs - to the point where it was virtually unplayable.

11. MithrilSilverAus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Wing Commander 1 & Secret Mission packs
    X Com Terror from the Deep
    Total Annihilation
    Leisure Suit Larry 1-3

12. Thisthing Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] The box for Champions of Krynn still lives under my desk. Just before I posted this reply, I installed it on my new XP system, and it can still load (but I have no desire to replay it).

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    the oldest game i legally own is Crusader No Remorse,(1996 IIRC) oh that games was sweet, the "interactivity" aka everything you saw was destroyable, the plot, the cut-scenes... *sigh*

Too bad it won't run on this system anymore :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.