1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your oldest PC game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Apeman, Nov 29, 2003.

1. ctcc42 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Does any one else remember the curse of ra? bloodwitch or captinblood? I still have them on floppy somwhere. Though i never could get capt'blood to work.
    Oh, and dune 2 wasnt the first real time stratergy. the first real time stratergy was a huge flop and no one baught it. but more then that i cant remember a thing about it. A golden spoon to any one who can nam it... provided they dont mind not reciving said golden spoon that is.

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Probably the oldest game I have on computer (my computer is now a glorified paper-weight - it was new in about 1994) is Egatrek, a really crappy Star Trek game. Not exactly sure how old it is though.

3. lasgalen Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] i feel old.. loderunner, king's quest, the black cauldron and some other game called transylvania (i think). it started with you finding a note pinned to an old stump saying 'sabrina dies at dawn'..... and only two colours.... black + green.

4. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

The oldest game I still have is Dune2. I had some older games like Prince of Persia and Railroad Tycoon, but they were on the 386sx I gave to a nephew a few years back...

5. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Some old Ducktales crap, funny though :D

6. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I still got all of the orginal SSI goldbox games, starting with Curse of the Azure Bonds.

7. Morden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The oldest original game I have is M1 Tank Platoon (1989), on 3,5" disks of course.

8. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Oldest PC game: Descent 2 or Alex Dampiers's Pro Hockey(or something?)...

Oldest other: Some Mario Bros on Nintendo.......

I'm too young to have any really old games ;)
    (Or is 17 old...?) :confused:

9. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Oldest I can see on my pile of discarded entertainment is Discworld. God, its old! Well not as old as some of the others posted above I suppose and I've only had it 2 years, but its still looks pathetic.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Most allready mentioned:

Paratrooper
    digger
    sophwit
    KQ1, a whole floppy full with just one (selfstarting!) game, 720k. Whoa...

All played on an Olivetti M24. :) Must have been about 17 years ago, or so?

11. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My fist game was B17-Flying Fortress and Armada. Then it was Seawolf, F19 and F15.

I still play Armada after a decade. It's a great game. :)

12. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Lost Vikings 1&2
    Warcraft 2
    Rage of Mages
    Heroes of Might and Magic 2

13. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I still have one original C64-Game (Gunship) and a collection of 4 Amiga Games (including SWIV, the impossible to beat ST:Dragon and Turrican II).

My oldest PC Games would be Wing Commander I and the Battletech Collection with The Crescent Hawks Inception, The Crescent Hawks Revenge and Mechwarrior I. The last one was one of the worst games I ever played.

14. Orrick the Grey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

hmm..
    Keen (dont know which one)
    Raptor
    Xargon
    Heroes of Might and Magic 2
    and Warcraft 2

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Now let me see... I think it's Bubble Bobble, man was that a great game. *Sigh* those were the times...

PS: If anyone knows if there is a version of this game that works on modern computers I'd be very interested to hear where I might get it.

16. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Secret of the silver blades for me. :)

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Man, I feel old! Like someone else earlier on, my oldest games date back to 1981 from my Commodore Vic 20 (5k of RAM - how on earth did it work?). Classics like 'Centipede', 'Omega Race', 'Pacman', plus some surprisingly cool games that did not even come on disk, but came on a piece of paper and you typed in a couple of pages of BASIC, and "hey presto", you had a game!

Then in 1989, on my Mac Plus, there's oldies like the original 'Castle Wolfenstein' and the ever frustrating 'Uninvited'.

But, as the title of this post specifically refers to PC games, then strictly speaking, my oldest PC game must be the original 'Civilization'. Unless you count 'Minesweeper' - that has been around for years!

18. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hehe, the oldest four I remember are Doom, some Carmen Sandiego Adventure, Aladin Learning Cd, and SimPark, in that order. Heh, I remember my mom freaking out back in 1995 about me and my brother being able to learn DOS codes incase Windows 3.0 never advanced :rolleyes: I think it was something like C:bad:\Doom2, but that was a long time ago, for me.

19. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Conquests of the Longbow

It came out around 1990 I think by Sierra. It offered multiple solutions to quests and was awesome. It was also entirely on floppies.

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Not counting my Atari games:

Creatures 2.

I never fully understood the whole thing and it was in dutch *shiver*.

However my taste in games then inproved drastically. I bought BG off my bro.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.