1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

You got large expectations man :D

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Alright, how about we stear closer to the real SP in ways of history. Sorcerer (aka Tal) was a great prophet and all around bombarded him with questions to the meaning of life and somesuch. Taluntain saw it necessary to take the people who were interested away to a new land, where his teachings would rule, and where others could say their thing about the subject.
    I believe that that is how Tal said the forums happened in some thread or another.
    Also, how about a culture section, or maybe a language of some sort. Not that you would be able to speak the language all the time, but it would add flavour.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Good idea on the history, but I don't think the language thingie would work.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Na, language wont do.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

If you're going to say they you have to give a reason.

6. Register Gems: 29/31

Because we will have to learn grammar and such things and everyone will get tired of using it so we will end up using the normal English again. Too much work with a too small reward.

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Yeah, I know that I, for one, might only use it once or twice.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

And if I am going to be a DM, will that mean that I will have to deal with tonnes of people who will speak that language? Yek! But if I have to to be a DM, I will do it.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Right, here is what we need in order of priotitory:

1. Forum
    2. Map
    3. Updated history
    4. updated deities
    5. updated rules
    6. new section (suggestions?)

10. Rotku

Can I suggest we put the maps before the forum?
    Or atleast equal with it.
    Because the maps are needed before anything else can really be done now.
    There's no real point in having a forum before we have the maps.
    I'm not saying that the forums can not be worked on, just get the maps done first.
    And what is this new section thingy?

By the way, whose working on the forums?

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Morgoth is supposed to be working on the forum, I'll find out what's happening with that when he pays attention to #sorcerers.
    As for new section, that just depends on what people feel like writing about. Feel free to pick a random topic, write something and submit it. Then we can all go over it and nitpick over the errors :D

News Update:

The forum shall take desidedly longer, due to the fact the the server doesn't accept PHP or MySQL, meaning that Morgy is gonna have to learn an entirely knew coding language to do it (this been Perl).
    In other words, we get to spam the SP board for a while more :D

Another News Update:

Taluntain himself has offered to supply a forum. I've just gotta figure out a bunch of stuff first and volia. More on this exciting new development will be posted as it comes in. :grin:

[ August 26, 2003, 12:36: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

12. The Wise One Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

FINALLY! I got the rough draft of my map done. As mentioned before, it is in .exe format (for size), requires DirectX 7, 800x600 resolution, 16-bit color, decent video memory. Many parts are still unrefined, the sand looks horrible :( , but otherwise, useable. In the next version, I'll put in labels, too.

GeoCities won't let me upload .exe files, so I'll have to E-Mail it for now.

13. Register Gems: 29/31

14. Rotku

Mail it to me as well please.
    roktu_nz@hotmail.com

Aik, how long do you expect it to be untill the forums are up. We just need the bare basics to begin with.

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

16. Register Gems: 29/31

The map is great, I think we should ave this. The only thing I miss is the snow island but now that I am a DM and not my character I really don't care so much anymore.

Also, I've uploaded the file on one of my websites, here is the link:
    http://www.freewebs.com/umojan/imap.exe

Remember, you must right-click and choose the "save as..." or something like that.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Your link didn't work.

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
  19. Register Gems: 29/31

But I haven't linked the map from there. Just copy and paste the link I provided you and you should be on your way, I think.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

The islands need to be bigger, much, much bigger. And I don't think a land bridge is such a good idea. Mountains sound good as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.