1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*Looks strangly at Velve* DM's, now where did I say anything about them been demigods? :p

I would appreciate some help with the rules and roleplaying ettiquite stuff. I'm also writing The History According to Aikanaro, of which the first three chapters are up. RotKU's one will probably need a bit of fine tuning, though neither has to be completly accurate. I'm not likeing the way the God of War is always seconds from been defeated before something rocks up and saves him from destruction :grin:

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Aik, good idea writing the history from another point of view. When I have some free time I will edit mine to make more sence.

Although I think the maps should be top priority.

....Still don't like the ops idea...

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

...Still don't care...

And the maps, well, are just bloody awful when butchered by my scanner. If I can find someone elses scanner in the near future I'll scan them in.

Weren't you working on another map?

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Ummm yeah... Well I'll decibe my maps in their current state.
    Imagin a big green blob, then times it by 5. That's what they look like. With a few notes I've sribled down, to remind my self somethings.

Once I get a good, fine point, black pen, I'll get them finished. But untill then...

6. The Wise One Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey, would you mind if I drew a map? ;)

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Wise One, go for it, so long as you have a decent idea of what we're trying to achieve. I'll write up a description latter and put it in the maps section of the site.

8. Rotku

Some one with only four posts and already activily contributing :thumb:
    When's your map going to be ready Aik?

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

The map will be up when I find something that will ocnvert bipmap's to GIF's or JPEG's.
    I am at the moment writing a relitivly long piece of history on the godswar. Methinks some of the other history may need to be changed in certain places if you want your guy to sound like he knows what he's talking about. No major changes however, just giving BTA a larger role in the godswar and a small change on the democracy thing. It should be up soon.

10. Rotku

Yeah, yeah. I knew it would need changes. It wasn't actully meant as a final copy to be published...

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Something that we need to decide on, what will the dress of the religious orders be, as well as rituals and whatnot. The church hierarchy may be a good idea as well.

And Erran has been changed from a ranger to a bard, as by Lokken and Ironbeard's (I think) suggestion.

12. Rotku

Yep :thumb:
    Makes perfect sence if you where to read his writing thingy under his name

13. The Wise One Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Windows Paint has the ability to convert GIF to JPEG, although it adds a bit of blur to the JPEG because it makes it smaller. I have found no way to avoid that. Anyways, I find it hard to work with plain bitmaps, so I have decided to package it into a .exe file (not to worry, no virus). You will need DirectX 7 or higher, decent memory, and a monitor/video card that can handle 800x600 resolution. I'm going to be away this weekend, so that may impact the 'release' date.

EDIT

Oh, and could someone post the link to the website again?

14. Rotku

Wise one, can't you just look back a page to find the link your self?

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

16. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Hehe, the story about DeBhaal was just great, what exactly happened to him?

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

DeBhaal did pretty much that. He was irritated about the amount of chatroom operators and picked a fight with Tal, then left.

New section of the history is up.

18. Rotku

And when was this rebalion he lead?
    Will that have to be added in?

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Yeah, I suppose it will have to be. It will be recent history, possibly just before or just after the crash. In the real SP it was after, but for storyline's sake mayhaps we could put it after, or stretch out the history a bit and add it in between the crash and the present. Stretching the time will have to be done anyway, as 60 or so years isn't long enough time for the Kingdom to have been developed.

20. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Ok
    The Gods page is dead.
    This is the address I get when i click on the links: file:///C:/My%20Documents/~~~/taluntain.htm
    Check it out.
    Interesting work again.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.