1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yahoo Hockey Draft

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Benan, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Alright folks, I set one up, join in.

Name: Wild West
    Password: Woody
    ID: 45012

20 people max, and I'm inviting people from all my boards, so there willbe AMB, DMB, HeyMofo, and this joint.

You need a Yahoo ID.

2. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Omg, I'm feeling really stupid :( , but what are you talking about :confused: ?

3. Benan Gems: 20/31

Just a yahoo hockey pool. You draft a team and compete with others for bragging rights. It's just something to do for kicks.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hockey!
    What type of hockey?
    Proper hockey? or that thing you call hockey over in America?

5. Benan Gems: 20/31

There is only one real kind of hockey and thats what we Canadians play.

On ice, with a puck and sticks.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Pathetic!
    That's not real hockey!
    But you Canadians do play really hockey.
    Your woman hockey team was over here a couple of months ago, which we completely beat you!

7. Kralizek Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Sorry folks, both of you are wrong. The one and only real hockey is the one being played up north this shore of the atlantic. ;)
    While I concede this is much closer to canadian hockey than anything else, we play in proper-sized icerings. Just check how international competitions are played. :cool: :roll: :rolling: :spin:
    Anyway, good luck for your league. My NHL knowledge is too limited to take part...
    On the bright side, championships here and in Switzerland started already. Yuppi ! ;)

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Euro-Skater hockey! A bunch of pretty boys passing the puck around trying not to get their teeth knocked out!

North American Hockey rules! Camping out in front of the net, crashing the boards, thump, dump and chase! and an enforcer for every team...That's the hockey for me!!! Down and dirty!

9. Benan Gems: 20/31

I'd rather watch international hockey then NHL, anyday, I'm sick of the crappy NHL games now, to much defense not enough offense.

10. Rotku

You don't know what hockey is until you've played a proper game of field hockey!

11. Kralizek Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

:lol: Well, actually I guess I should shut up, given the current olympic and world champions. :lol:
    But, iirc many stars in NHL hail from Europe, don't they ? So, I guess here we might learn a thing or two about the game as well. ;)

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm just kidding...European hockey players are usually more skilled. They tend to be better puck handlers...But I've also noticed that Euro players do not always take the shot when they have the opportunity.

As for field hockey...I've played it before. An interesting game, but a lot of weird rules. The skirts are liberating though! A lot more freedom of movement! ;)

13. Benan Gems: 20/31

[​IMG] Belis', you just like the wind moving your branch

14. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.