1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Good old nes

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ofelix, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    While I was cleaning my room I re-discovered my 15 years old NES (BTW I'm 15 too) and it actually worked, so I played Smahsing game like Super Mario Bross 3, Metroid, Mega Man V, Ice hockey, and Final Fantasy. Man those game rocked! Who need Xbox, PS2, and Came Cube? This machine as a 0.2 Mhz prossesor!

BTW: I had a import Super Marior Bross 3 from Japan My sister couldn't wait 4 months for it, but it got shipped 3 day after the official American release and It cost her double the price... :D

Anyway if ya wonder this topic is for founded memories of your NES Even though I'm more of the SNES generation I've played A LOT more the NES

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Good old NES. I still have one in the basement. I remember playing Mario 1 and 3, Duck Hunt, Solar Jetpack, Adventure Island 2, Mega Man 1 through 6, and worst of all, Dr. Chaos. That game scared the living daylights out of me! Sure, now I can't tell what anything is with the bad graphics, but it was scary when your three!

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

*Sniff*

I should buy it back when I have some money. And snes too. :aww: Games like Battle of Olympus, Bionic Commando, Solar Jetman, SMB, Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid... could be worth it. :cool:

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I've never liked consoles, but the NES has a 2 MHz CPU ;) .

5. Mega Raptor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yes.. too bad my NES doesn't work anymore :almostmad: Super Metroid was really good to me... I also liked the other good games on it, too

6. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Man, you've all brought back some memories... painfull, tearfull but also full of joy :cry: :wail:

I really have to get my hands on a nes console...

7. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Isn't Super Metroid on SNES not NES?

8. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You´re so right Daephon.
    Hence the name "Super" Metroid - "Super" Nintendo. They really thought that one through. Same thing with Super Punchout (IIRC)

9. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've still got my SNES up and running with Final Fantasy II and III. I love it!! :D

10. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ah yes, the good old memories.

Blueshadow, Zelda 1&2, SMB1-3, Contra, Metroid, Megaman 2, Bionic Commando, Ikari Warriors, Off Road, Gauntlet 2, Double Dragons 2... oh man. I must still remember each and every one of those legendary games. They were the best. I dare to claim that their simple 4-bit melodical music-tracks beat the crap out of many modern game simphony orcherstras. Those were the good old times.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.