1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Enter the Matrix

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Arabwel, May 11, 2003.

1. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've seen a few reviews now and watched someone playing the game. The PC reviews seem to be - it's not terrible but it looks like a poor console conversion, offers little new, lacks excitement but will probably appeal to fans of the film (mid 60s %). The console reviews seem a bit more positive.

What I saw left me feeling very unimpressed. Yes the moves are stylish like the films but the graphics are a bit plain and the levels just seem to have enemies placed randomly and unconvincingly. It was like watching an old fashioned beat em up (like Double Dragon) - entertaining until you get bored of the moves.

Anyway, here are some reviews:

BBC
    Gamespot
    Games Domain

2. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

What do you with all the video settings? I have quincux antialiasing or something enabled from when I played Morrowind, and when AA is enabled, whenever I focus I can see the desktop through the game screen. Maybe I can use the AA setting on the option screen... but how?

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

www.peliplaneetta.com gave it:

60 out of 100, in short:

"Stay away from this piece of licensed crap."

+ An hour of unseen Matrix material
    - Slow
    - Buggy
    - Bad gameplay
    - No attitude (=> Standard stuff))
    - Thin plot, only understandable if one has seen the movie.

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

PC Gamer's august issue review

Final Verdict
    Highs: Cool kung fu moves, high quality video segments, interesting hacking mode

Lows: Tedious gunplay, poor camera angles, dubious AI, uneven pacng, numerious bugs

bottom line: Here's why you don't deliver a game on 5 gaming platforms on the same date

score: 55% merely ok

i am very reluctant to buy any by-products of any kind. It always turns out not to be worthwhile, like the books for BG, Harry Potter games and such.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.