1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'm Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Master of Nuhn, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I noticed quite a nice amount of Monkey Island-fans on the boards. So I decided to start this thread for helping each other out on quests, your favourite quotes, and nice sites dealing with this great game.

You could visit the scummbar and milegend, but be sweet, deal with it here.

Do not forget that SP has some nice Guybrush/Murray-voicepacks for SoA!

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    You´re kidding :jawdrop:

Im gonna dl them right now!

- I stand here as a testament to the forces of evil!
    - stand?
    - I hang here as a testament to the forces of evil!

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I used the Murray soundset through all of ToB. It's excellent.

4. Felgash Toradûn Banned

Sweet... Have you got a link? ;)

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Just in case that wasn't sarcasm Felgash here is the link - Here! Here on SP!

It's about 9/16ths of the way down the page. Murray and Guybrush, combined they also make excellent desktop sound themes :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  6. Morgoth

Media:
    A month ago, I stumbled on a speculation how Monkey Island 3 was totaly of the story

Ill post the link here, but it contains some SPOILERS

SPOILER!!

7. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Ah i can't forget The Curse of Monkey Island Pirate Battles
    "Your mother wears a toupee"
    "Ar......I'm Rubber You're Glue"
    :D

8. Felgash Toradûn Banned

Nope... That wasn't sarcasm...
    I think they're cool!!

:cool:

Thanks Bonzo...

EDIT - Wow... While I was looking for Murray and Co. I stumbled across a Futurama soundset...

Those guys rock...
    I've got the two first seasons on DVD...

[ March 16, 2003, 20:44: Message edited by: Felgash Toradûn ]

9. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Neat! I think I'll go download them soon too... and role-play a swashbuckler. I think that's the closest class to a pirate. ;)

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I still want to play that CE Necromancer:
    My evil powers have made me OMNIPOTENT! Muahahaha!

11. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Yumm! I can't wait 'til MoN sends it to me!
    oooh, sweet anticipation...oooh..

12. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    I advice to play the first games first. They might not be as good when it comes to music, voices and graphics, but in the later games, you will notice a lot of inside jokes concerning the prequals.
    Does anyone agree?

'I think my father wouldn't aprove me dating the undead...'

'It's.... PINK!'

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Monkey Island 1 is a classic and everyone should play it. It doesn't matter much if you miss 2 because IMHO it's the worst of the lot (due to a certain bug I experienced mostly), but you should play the original original before the others. Though 3 is also a good one to start with. 3's my personal favourite.

14. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Yeah, I love the Curse! And I agree, it is my favourit, too. I love the humor, the characters and the quest. But I liked the second part, too. What bug you're talking about, Tal?

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    [​IMG] It's so annoying how you can't find the older games anywhere, I've only played #4!

16. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] You can still buy all the Monkey Island games, directly from the Lucas Arts site if not otherwise. But the CMI jewel case sells for 10 bucks at Amazon.com or C&B: Amazon or C&B: http://www.chipsbits.com/cgi-bin/order.cbi_home?source=84943&newpage=infopages/CURSMI.IR.html

Best 10 bucks you'll ever spend.

Master of Nuhn, I just remember that in the tunnels below the islands you had to pick up something like 2 pixels in size from the floor. I don't remember what it was, but it was not there for me, so I was stuck and had to replay from a savegame 5 hours back. :rolleyes:

[ March 20, 2003, 22:06: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

17. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    The dime for the grog-machine? Worked pretty okay for me. Never had any troubles at all, anyway. I played the game 5+ times, never had a problem. :1eye:

18. Morgoth

Media:
    You call that a bug Tal??

This is a nice one from, from a phonecall between Jonathan Ackley and the Quality Assurance department:

Loves the diaries :shake:

Diaries

19. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Ahh, thoughts on Demonic Jersey cow's make me nostalgic.... :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.