1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shortest Risk Game Ever!!!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Kitrax, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I just finished playing a game of Risk II and I'm pleased to say that in only 7 rounds I conqured the world! :cool: I may not seem much to you, but it usually takes me around 15-20 plus rounds to conqure the world...that is, if I am able to. I was playing against three computer oponets: Vauban, Freire, and Solignac. Now if I could just get a better conection, I would test my skills against human players in The Zone. :rolling:

2. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Ever played the original board-game? You have no chance of finishing in 7 rounds! I remember one session I had with a few friends which lasted for almost 12 hours! :sleep:

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

*caresses his defensive dice of "thwarting your dumb@ss attack by rolling a six!"* :grin:

One of the best boardgames ever. Especially those sessions which take all night :) A game with three friends and Me. A Buddy and I were all that was left on the map (Well, Australia was divided between the other two and they were fighting over it so pathetically initially it allowed me to take over most of Asia and Europe, while another friend conquered North and South America.)
    Africa was the battlefield of the two of us for several hours, with each occasionally striking out at Greenland and Alaska and England and Japan (iirc) respectively. Until I suddenly moved all my reserve forces that I had been building up slowly over the hours in Asia to Alaska. Took him completely by surprise, swept him away. And by occupying just that nation, instead of moving on, I took away a good portion of his troop building, and emptied all my nations into Africa, instead of protecting my own borders. Soon that fell, and from there Global Domination was imminent.

Faragon the Vicious and his Army of Darkness have ruled supreme. :grin:

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

:yot:
    Do you guys think that in board game Risk, the one who takes Australia initially has the biggest chance to win?

5. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Not necessarily. They have a good chance, but in my games everyone makes a try for a continent. Taking South America is about the same as taking Australia...harder to hold but you don't need to go through Asia.

Holding Europe is nearly impossible. you need to hold half of Asia and Africa just to be reasonably secure. Asia, of course, is nearly untouchable. You can't really rely on having the manpower to have and hold either unless you own something else.

Africa can be okay, but this depending on the strategies of those around you. North America is great, if you can take it. Once you do, it's relatively simple to hold.

Again, there are lots of ways to win. Owning Australia is nice(the person who takes it is generally around til the end), but not necessarily the key to victory.

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The one who has Australia usually never owns anything else when I play :p .

7. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Quebec is KEY! Control Quebec (despite it's uselessness and lack of any kind of natural resource) and you will be victories. Oh the battles I would wage to gain its control. I think it's psychological.

BTW I was recently playing LotR Risk. Boromir seized the One Ring :eek:

[ February 08, 2003, 10:17: Message edited by: Frog ]

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Indeed. Those who aim for Australia are the ones who get their asses kicked in the rest of the world. And having only one entrance means you also have one exit. I only need to pump defences in one country to stop your march. (Though I always keep reserves spread over my entire continents, in case the dam breaks ;) )

Europe, while hard to hold, has excellent striking capabilities. (That comes with a downpoint that you can be hit from all sides as well ;) ) NorthAmerica, Afrika, Asia, all are accesible. If you have one side clear (preferable Asia ;) ) you can focus all your attention on Africa and pump defences in England to hold of the US.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

As sad as this may sound, I've never played a game of risk.
    Anyone up for a game of a risk clone I've found? http://www.globalcombat.com

edit: sure, I can't figure out how in the nine hells you play it but I'm sure its good and all :)

Here is a much better game like Risk: http://www.finalconquest.com

[ February 08, 2003, 16:11: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    WARNING What will be said is :yot:

Quebec is MY nation, DA nation, like we said " Le plus meilleur! " anyway it get a lot of water, so they (we) do a lot of hydro-electricity...

WARNING What will be said is not :yot:

anyway It took me 4 round JUST to get Russia and all other country who were on the URSS...

What we do (my friend and I) take other name for world Domination (we though I might be fun, and it was) my name was: Mslav Rostropovich...now try by MP me to tell me who IS realy Mslav Rostropovich...

11. Keihdra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

During my second year of college, my roommates and I played one game that took a week to finish. And as much as I like Quebec, it has always been Great Britain that is the key to victory. The week long game was due to the inability to conquer that island. I still think the die was weighted. :doh:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.