1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Some Sad News

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Elios, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I just got back into a game tonight. I was playing The Sims. My Sim, Dick Fairfield, was doing great. He was rapidly advancing in his career in law enforcement. He finally didn't have to work a security shift in the middle of the night. :sleep:
    He just got back from a great vacation in the mountains and had just met this wonderful woman, Virginia, downtown. :love:
    So, to celebrate everything going good in his life, Dick decided to throw a party. And it was turning out to be a big blast at that. Maybe even one where Drew Cary would show up to. (editor's note: in the game, if you throw a great party a Sim of Drew shows up to party with you). Balloons were all up, drinks were pouring.
    So Dick decides to feed his guests by barbecuing. Afterall, he'd studied enough cooking :book: to get his skills up.
    Well guess what happens? In lighting the fire, WOOSH! Everything goes up in flames, including Mr. Fairfield. :flaming: We're talking 'Sim on the Barbie'!! Poor Dick didn't even have a chance to get to the phone to call the fire dept. By the time they came, with all the guests standing around yelling, "Fire! Fire!" (in Sim language) it was too late.
    Poor Dick Fairfield lay on the back patio in a heap of Sim ashes. Poor Virginia stood over the charred remains, in tears :cry: :sosad: , while the Grim Reaper came and took him away. Left in his place, a tombstone. :angel:
    The funny thing in all this is all the guests went back to partying. :lol:

[ February 11, 2003, 11:16: Message edited by: Elios ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ah, just like in real life. Ungrateful people. :shake:

I can see the attraction of The Sims now, heh.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Poor Dick Fairfield :cry:
    Ah well, no point letting such a small thing ruin such a lively party :)

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Sucker! I would have loaded if that happened to me.

[ February 11, 2003, 13:16: Message edited by: reepnorp ]

5. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hahahaha!

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I had a family of eight kids once - the Orphan family, Santa left them a firework for christmas - they let it off indoors. I've got a familt of eight gravestones.

Once upon a house party - my sims got amrried, sweet :lol:

Once my pets starved to death after me person got abducted by aliens, then went and stargazed and got abducted again.

say made a fmily of four - two men, two women. Turned into two homosexual couples somehow :eek:

7. Veralius Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My sim, one Jack Tanner, had a slave-guy who also died in a horrific barbeque related accident. Jack was devastated for a whole 5 minutes, before I sold the memorial thing and spent the money on a fishtank. Does anyone actually play that game seriously?

Edit: darn spelling!

[ February 11, 2003, 22:44: Message edited by: Veralius ]

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Well at least your first sim to die wasn't a replica of yourself.... and yes, I got bored and started to do silly things fairly quickly - I tried to model a houseboat and an army barracks. I tried to get some crossover going where another bunch of sims got "enlisted" (move in to barracks, take military career path) and then simulate a battle with lots of fireworks...but it didn't work.

9. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I usually start with a single guy and then steal the neighbors wife.

10. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Soo thats why Poeple play this game. Kinda off topic But witch Sims do you think is the best?

11. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

It wasn't my first Sim, I have played this game several times. But, it was kinda a replica of myself, or rather my alter ego if you will. Dick Fairfield is my soap opera name. A friend of mine said it sounded like the name of a private eye. So usually when I use that name I always ad a P.I. to the end. Dick Fairfield P.I. oh well.
    I also had a neighborhood, you can have several, where all the homes looked like castles. I had a program to edit the skins and made them all look like wizards and fighters and stuff. Baldur's Gate invades the Sims. lol

12. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have a Sims paint program and I did naked people once.

Poor Virginia too! She lost her lover! :cry:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.