1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Have any of you played Dragon's Lair?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

I just got the version for newer PCs, and ithink it's a lot better than the original. Plus, I finally got to play Space Ace and DL2: TimeWarp, which are both pretty cool. I beat the original one after about 3 months of owning it, and now I'm trying again.

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

shoot, I played this game back in the 80's when it came out in the arcade ... there was even a cartoon series based on the game.

Talk about a blast from the past ... I haven't thought about this game in years!

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Like Mat said, not since the arcade.

4. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Yeah, I was surfing around once, trying to get some background info on DL (don't ask) and I ran across a site where some guy was trying to sell a Dragon's Lair arcade console, which apparently still worked.

Speaking of cartoon series, Space Ace is more like an interactive cartoon than an actual game, like DL and DL2.

BTW, Dragon's Lair 3D is coming out on Xbox (or some such system)

p.s. Thanks for moving this, Tal.

[ January 30, 2003, 23:33: Message edited by: Tarol'azh, a.k.a.Tobias ]

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I still have the old msdos cdrom.

But it's just not the same.

There's a DVD version out there. You use your dvd remote to "play" it. =)

The arrow keys, and I guess, enter. The Apex players play it the best, because they are just IDE dvd-rom drives.

6. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

I didn't know you could play it on a DVD player!!
    I'll have to try it...

7. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Somebody please jog my memory. I recognise the name, and remember playing it at the arcades with friends. But I just can't remember what you had to do in the game.

8. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

from the DL intro
    'Dragon's Lair! A fantasy adventure where you control a valiant knight, on a quest to rescue a fair princess from the clutches of an evil dragon. You control the actions of a daring adventurer finding his way through the castle of a dark wizard, who has enchanted it with treacherous monsters and obstacles. In the mysterious caverns below the castle, your odyssey continues against the awesome forces that oppose your efforts to reach the Dragon's Lair. Lead on, adventurer. Your quest awaits.'
    Self-explanatory.

SA: Travel through numerous different zones to stop the evil Borf from firng the Infanto Ray at Earth, a laser that turns all humans into newborns!

DL2: Still rescuing the princess, only this time you're following a time-hopping wizard through places like Alice in Wonderland, among others.

That's pretty much the overview.

[ January 30, 2003, 23:37: Message edited by: Tarol'azh, a.k.a.Tobias ]

9. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Man, I remember this in the arcade too! Lines of people just waiting to play it. It was so far ahead of its time then. I saw the newer pc version with SA and DL2. I wanted to buy it then, but didn't have any money. Now I can't find it anywhere. :(
    Hmmm, maybe on E-bay..... :hmm:

10. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Well, the one I have is a 2-disc set with all three games on it, and I got it for, like, $10 at Toys'R'Us.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.