1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Heroes of Might and Magic...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ray192, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

anyone here played the series?

[ October 25, 2002, 20:07: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

2, 3 and 4. Played 2 the most, and love number 3 the most. Number 4 was kind of ruined. I mean, how can there be gargoyles and imps in the necromancer castle? :rolleyes:

3. r'Hant Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] * slight SPOILER *

I have played all four of them, with every expansion and mod there is (except HOMM III: Wake of Gods or smth like that). IMHO HOMM IV is a setback. I mean, c'mon, you find out that the world you lived in for the previous three games is destroyed, and you get in return a mixture of all the creatures and places of the HOMM universe...oh, how I miss HOMM III, and without those interminable add-ons...

For a better HOMM, you don't have to simulate a bigger sword.

[ October 25, 2002, 22:41: Message edited by: r'Hant ]

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I have played III. It was fantastic.

5. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I played HOMM3 and its expansions about 2 years. It is just great game. But HOMM4... :(

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Homm 2 introduced me to the series, got a demo one day and now 5 or so years later I have homm 1 till homm 4 and mm 6 till mm9 :D

Pity the last games of both series weren't really what you would like to see :(

7. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] III is by far the best. IV has its ups, but many, many downs too.

8. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Am I the only one who will say that Heroes 2 is the best?

Damn, there just was something magical with those simple graphics and easy gameplay. The game was really atmospheric for me. Heroes 3 was a good sequel, but it didn't have the edge Heroes 2 had. Well, at least for me...
    Heroes 4 is dissappointing, and I never played neither King's Bounty, or Heroes 1...

9. Ray192 Gems: 5/31

heh, in my opinion Heroes 2 was the best one too, it just had this quirkey humor..... while Heroes was far more serious..... but I like humor more and Heroes 2 sure had a much better music.

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I have only played HOMM 3. It is an excellent game.

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Sound Effects are AMAZING in homm II, I just love those grunts from the chars when they get hit, especially the vampire: *blooood*

12. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] I have played HOMM 2 and 3, but I cannot say which one was the better. HOMM 2 had a great music and FX, but 3 was less kiddy and its graphics were better. Were the Al smarter...

Now that I think of it; HOMM 3 was better. Probably the best in the serie.

[ November 16, 2002, 17:15: Message edited by: Virne ]

13. Ray192 Gems: 5/31

I think the AI is good enough...... but then I might jsut be a extremely crappy player.

14. Atreides Gems: 7/31

I played a version of Heroes on the PS2: please someone tell me that the rest of the games are better! I didn't like that game and it was the first game I had bought for my console and after doing more reading in other places it seems like the rest of the series was different. I want to pick up Heroes IV but am a bit reluctant after my previous experience.

15. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

Woooooo-hooooooooooooo (second time i write this today) :)
    My most beloved games are Heroes series.Didn't expected that i can post something for them here :D

@Apeman - you rule man vampires were my favorite creatures too - "Blood"

@Virne - and all the others that miss heroes 2 music an FX - just download them as i did, there are a couple of russian sites with heroes 2 stuff made MP3.And replase them with these from H3 using the same names.

heroes 2 was good as you can say magical but the copmps AL was stupid....Also towns were not balanced - you try to win with castle or the barbarian town - they sucked....

Heroes III with BOTH expansions (wake of the gods is not official and a bit stupid if you ask me) rule all the way.I find it actually good that they started something new with H4 - I don't think they could improve Heroes 3 more :D :cool: :D there are no perfect games but Herose 3 is the closest i can think of :)

It's good that they made new heroes but H4 just isn't the way.I play heroes series since Heroes 1 but could not stand H4 more than 3 days - what a @#$# @@#$%%# @#@!!!Every beginning is hard but after @#$%#@#@% Tarnum's stupidness i beleved they gained enough money to sacrifice themselves and spend more time and effords making a better game.Seems gold is never enough haha :( :(

@Atreides - I don't know what's the PS version of the game but i'll suggest (STRONGLY) that you forget Heroes 4.....Also i don't think that PS version is the same as PC-s.Buy a comp and Heroes 3 no need for nothing else (except for food and something to drink) for the next mounth or two....

[ November 27, 2002, 14:22: Message edited by: AlexGK ]

16. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The PS2 Heroes game "Quest for the Dragonbone staff", isn't Heroes series game. It has only same name, just like BG Dark Alliance for Baldur gates. :(

[ November 27, 2002, 22:30: Message edited by: Harkle ]

17. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

:mad: Yup using the name for getting more $$$$ :mad:

[ November 28, 2002, 19:23: Message edited by: AlexGK ]

18. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I played a single-level demo of Heroes 2 and borrowed the full thing (with expansion) for a little while from my friend (who still has my BG2 and IWD cd's grrrr) and played the full thing. It's good fun when i had the time but i find myself with frequently less and less time.

19. stormhand Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I'm curious to know: those of you that have played the games, have you played all the "Normal games" + the "Campaign game"?

I'm currently playing HoM&M II and I just finished one of the Normal games, which took me some 3 or 4 hours. How many hours can I expect to play if I do all of them?

20. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

Depend on the size and difficulty of the map.In Heroes 3 the computer plays hmmmm VERY good so some maps I've playing for days even :) No save and load you know.....

Ah you are playing Heroes 2.... Hmm then it depend on yout start town too :D .Human and barbarian towns suck big time :mad: Just get wizard or warlock towns - dragons and especially titans rule.

[ December 01, 2002, 04:30: Message edited by: AlexGK ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.