1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

CMI -- Getting the Map from Palido Domingo?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Spellbound, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I know the map is on the back of Palido Domingo. Does anyone have a hint as to how I get him to turn over?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Maybe he needs a little something to help him with that tan...

3. Spellbound

Hmmm, I'm going back to the Lemonade stand. I've also tried to get that blasted oil for tanning purposes. The little twit behind the counter won't give it to me! :almostmad:

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ever seen what guys do with wet towels in the locker room? Very effective on cabana boys...

5. Spellbound

LOL!! Hadn't thought of that! I'm on my way. :grin:

6. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Just so you know, the oil is not for getting him to turn over, but it is useful for other purposes...

7. Spellbound

ROTFLMAO! This has got to be the funniest game on the planet! Got the oil. :D But not for tanning? Hmmm. Rethinking.... Thanks!

8. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Now, I didn't say that :) I just said it's not for getting him to turn over...

And yeah, all the MI games are great! :)

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    What game is that?

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    It's in the title - CMI ;)

Curse of Monkey Island.

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    CMI is defenately the most wonderful, most hilarious game I ever played! There's not a single minute without humor and not a single second without a laughing player in front of the computer!

12. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yeah the monkey island gaems are great :)

13. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Which reminds me...

I've got the .mp3 of the ship song. With "if we all eat an orange" and everthing.

MI3 rocks!!

14. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] i've never played a single monkey island game. I remember a mate had one of them on the amiga but it never worked.

Are they anything like the leisure suite larry series in terms of type of game/objectives??

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Walking around a bit.
    Nag some people.
    Get some items.
    Nag some people.
    use some items.
    Keep nagging people.
    Sing a horrible song.
    Nag some more people.
    Watch some silly movies about some hairstyling, sea-roaming, adventuring, muitening allmighty pirates.
    Nag anything.
    Keep laughing.

If you're not very clever, there is an easier way to finish the game, but that means you're missing a lot of fun, too.

Papappisshu!

16. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

There's some good puns/gags/jokes in MI3. Most of then are not references to previous MI's, either.

There are the nominal Lucasarts references. Max the Cute Bunny, Yoda, and some Speilburg stuff. Hell, even the opening movie is excellent, compared to a whole slew of games today.

But there's plenty of other stuff, too. MI3 is definately worth playing through, one time.

And for the most part, it's kid friendly. The little bit of violence that is in there is like a fairly tame Tom and Jerry cartoon.

17. Spellbound

The opening movie is the best I have seen in ANY game I've played to date. The humor is priceless, the voices and caricatures just kept me rolling! To not play this game, is really missing out on a quality game. :D

18. Vince Clortho Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Even if the graphics are very old, if you can get ahold of a copy that will play right under Windows, the original game is one of my favorites of all time: The Secret of Monkey Island.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.