1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mario Kart favourites (various)

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Errol, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I was just wondering what your favourite Mario Kart game was: Mario Kart (SNES), Mario Kart 64 (N64), or Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA)?
    What is your favourite Character, and possibly favourite Track?

I prefer the Original MK, but my favourite track is Banshee's Boardwalk on the Mk64, i usually play with Bowser.

2. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've never played it for the SNES, but between N64 and GBA, N64 was better.

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] My vote also goes for MK64 although i've only played the others a couple a times (once only for the GBA one).

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Didn't even know there was a MK for SNES :). The GBA version was very impressive considering the small machine, but the N64 version has to be the best. I always play Donkey Kong.

5. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The SNES version is better than MK64 by far (didn't know there was another one), the original Rainbow Road the best track and Bowser the coolest driver.

Mariokart for SNES is one of the best games ever. Period.

All in my humble opinion, of course. :grin:

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I agree with Namuras, Mario Kart for SNES was a super game. I liked the ghost house, spent ages there trying to get better times. Yoshi is the best driver! :alien:

7. Silverblade Guest

I don't have a favourite Mario Kart or a favourite track, but I always race with Donkey Kong. I actually play (if that option is avaliable) with DK in all Mario games.

8. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My favorite track is the Rainbow one. It's long and has Bow-Wow to eat you up!

[This message has been edited by Findol The Swift (edited June 15, 2002).]

9. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] snes, definitely. used to stay-up late playing 'one last game' of battle mode with my little sister or comparing the lap times for 'water versus land' on turtle beach... ah, memories.

it's not that the n64 version was bad, it just didn't improve on the flaws and tried to improve elements of the game which didn't need improving. a wasted opportunity.

the gba version is very similar to the snes one, but falls short because it's meant for the gba's small screen.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.