1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NHL 2007-2008 Season!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Gnarfflinger, Sep 18, 2007.

1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well I suppose bouncing back from a huge loss with a huge win is a good sign but the Islanders have a pretty good excuse courtesy of the insane schedule maker. I would have liked to have been able to watch the game but damned Leaf TV had it.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Sundin got an assist in the second period, but later they decided that he didn't touch the puck. When he got the goal in the third period, he got an even bigger standing ovation. Simon Gamache also got a Goal, and Matt Stajan had a four point night. Apparently Stajan-Tucker-Gamache could be that second line that the leafs are looking for.

I do get Leafs TV. The game was good. I also had the pleasure of watching the Marlies defeat the Lake Erie Monsters (Colorado Avalanche Affiliate). I'm glad that Strahlman agreed to play for the Marlies. It will help him develop quite well.

[ October 13, 2007, 07:23: Message edited by: Gnarfflinger ]

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What a shift for the Sedin twins against Edmonton Saturday night. The shift started with a faceoff win on the power play, and they controlled the puck, generated some chances, hit the post, couldn't score but kept recovering the puck. Two minutes later, the penalty killers were exhausted, the guy in the box came back on, but the same 5-man power play unit still had puck control. Another 20 seconds later of offensive pressure, they pass the puck around the dead-tired and stagnated defense and score a goal. The way Souray defended the last shot in the sequence said it all - he couldn't move his legs to get into the circle to check Daniel Sedin's stick before the shot, he just stood beside the goalie and hoped to block the shot. Never seen 2:20 of relentless attack in the offensive zone in one shift!

4. Gnarfflinger

That sounds amazing. I wish I'd stayed with the second hockey game instead of Parts of Volcano and TNA's preview of Bound for Glory...

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The big question for me is whether or not I should bother watching tonight's Leafs game. Given how depressing the last two games that I have been able to watch have been I feel much more inclined to watch Heroes instead of the Leafs' porous defence letting up another gadzillion shots on net.

6. Gnarfflinger

One more blown lead and I'm calling for Paul Maurice to bag skate those guys.

Against Ottawa, they blew leads in back to back games, and lost both. Against Pittsburgh, they blew a 3-1 lead, and they blew a 2-0 lead and 2 more 1 goal leads in an overtime loss to Buffalo.

If they can't protect a lead, then something needs to be done. Whether its changing personel, the Coach or his staff, or the GM who gave three of them long term deals with no trade clauses, I'm not sure, but some heads need to roll in TO...

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yeah that game was just plain ugly - which makes it three in a row for games that I have watched. When it was 2-0 I was shaking my head wondering how the Leafs were so lucky because the way they were playing they deserved to be losing. So many shots were ringing off the iron that I think Buffalo is going to have to replace the nets.

8. Gnarfflinger

Now Brian McCabe is getting booed every time he touches the puck.

The team needs to decide who they are then, where needed, remake themselves in that image. Until management can do that (be it Ferguson or his replacement), we'll hear about it from everyone that hates the Leafs...

9. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Penguins lost tonight. It was tough to watch as the refs kept blowing call after call. There was a stretch where in about 10 minutes of the second period the penguins were shorthanded for 8 of them.

10. Gnarfflinger

The Leafs won tonight to bring them back to the .500 mark. Brian McCabe got the tying goal on a 5 on 3 advantage to get out of the dog house with Leafs fans. Alexei Ponikarovsky is back in the lineup. All seems right with the world in Leafs Nation for now...

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

From what I hear McCabe played his best game of the season last night but I don't know if it will help all that much with the fans given that barely anyone would have been able to watch the game.

12. Gnarfflinger

The Crowd at the ACC got off his back.

In other news, Bob Hartley is the first coach to get the axe. He was fired and Don Wadell (likely on his way out of Atlanta) took his place behind the bench in the interim.

Also the Calgary Flames have gone 7 consecutive games with at least one player having two or more goals in a game...

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I think the Leafs should redo their TV schedule so that all of their games are on Leafs TV only. They are now 3-0-0 when their games are on Leafs TV and 1-4-3 when they are on regular TV channels.

14. Gnarfflinger

Yeah. The Leafs are 2-0-0 in games where they open up a lead of 3 or more goals, and 2-0-0 in games where they score 5 or more goals.

If they can do what they did tonight for the next 71 games, then there will be a big run on crow for meals in April...

15. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

How ironic: Montreal has the best power play percentage even after trading Souray's big shot to Edmonton... who now have the worse power play (although not his fault since he has been injured).

16. Gnarfflinger

I changed the channel when the leafs went down 6-1. Something tells me that hard hats will be the fashion in Toronto for a couple days, after all, Leafs nation will be reporting that the sky is falling...

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well I think you can nix the "all games on Leafs TV" plan but apart from that the 7-1 loss isn't anything new. Yesterday they were terrible, next game they will probably play really well just to be terrible again the following game. The Leafs are just plain inconsistent and in the end they will probably be barely missing out on the final playoff spot for the third year in a row.

18. Gnarfflinger

And hopefully for the fans, MLSE and the Teacher's pension fund will realize how much playoff revenue they are losing out on and fire Ferguson and bring in someone that can build a winner...

19. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Did anyone see the habs vs Flyers game? Phily had two players thrown out for game misconduct and a third who should have been for his shoulder hit on Kovalev's head. I don't know why, but this year the Fleyrs are really nasty. They make you think of the Broadstreet bullies. The league shouldn't tolerate things like that!

On another note, it's another Habs vs Maple Leafs game tonight. Who do you think will win? I have to root for Montréal, but lets's say 3-2 in overtime. :)

20. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    As first european in this tread, I watch it on NASN. Due to a stong lack of interest for north american sports here, it comes in a package whit some other channels. A few good games so far but for me to choose a favorit, no. I play hockey whitout ice.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.