1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Liverpool. Milan, Athens!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by teekc, May 23, 2007.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Am i in a different dimension? How long do i have to wait before someone make a topic about it? Remember two years ago?

Local paper says Pele said that Milan will win. Yeah! So ........ what is Sarevok's prediction?

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm for AC Milan. It's redemption time baby!

3. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Pele said Milan'll win? Considering his other predictions (WC 94 - Colombia would win, WC 98 - former Yugoslavia, WC 02 - An African nation...) we can all put a safe bet on Liverpool. :)

4. Condor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I can't stand Liverpool. So I side with Enagonios.
    But I also believe that Milan has a more flexible team. Liverpool lack the individual skill of the likes of Kaka. Milan don't lack on the physical side either with Gattuso and Pirlo closing the openings Kaka makes. It would be the forwards that is Milans weak side. Liverpool on the other side has a thight defence all over the field and one of the best keepers in England. If And then you have Riises left foot. That boy has the legs of a horse. If Mascherano and Stevie G can win the duels with Gatusso and Pirlo and lock Kaka's play. Liverpool might win otherwise it's Milans game. I bet 2-0 to Milan.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Who cares what Sarevok thinks? He hasn't got a scoobie when it comes to sport!

AC should win this one, they'll be well up for it. Mind you with Benitez in charge, anything can happen...

6. teekc Gems: 23/31

well ... two years ago, Sarevok predicted not Liverpool all the way back during quarter final.

Milan's star is Kaka, but Liverpool has the right element to stop him, i hope. Man U doesn't have players like Sisoko or Alonso to defend against Kaka. Also, Liverpool players are very well rested, they can play run 120 mins without cramp.

7. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Come on Liverpool!

My prediction - Crouch gets a hatrick and does the crouch robot dance preventing play for 12minutes!

8. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i'm all for liverpool.

well, as i am writing this Milan scored

damn....

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    That was handball, although quite hard to see at the time admittedly.

Liverpool the better side, just, but Milan scored at just the wrong time. Jammy bloody goal too.

10. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'm sorry Brits, but just suck it. ;) This is another well-deserved goal that goes to Italy.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Liverpool were the better team and were in control for most of that match. Good finish by Inzaghi for the 2nd goal, but the first was extremely lucky. Milan did not deserve the win. Payback for 2 years ago I suppose though, when the roles were reversed.

12. teekc Gems: 23/31

bad game. Not that i am a liverpool fan. But this game just doesn't have the anticipated intensity.

13. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The sportcaster just said that fights broke up in the centre of Athens after Milan's second goal.

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    You should have seen the FA Cup final between Chelsea and Man Utd... I expected fireworks there. I got a boring, damp squib of a match. Games are often a bit crap when a lot is at stake. I didn't think this game was 'that' bad though.

15. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

How could we have lost it?! We were the better team! Sigh... Credit to both teams though for playing tremendously. The fatigue was evident towards the end, especially with Carra and Riise. Wish we had better finishing. Anyway the game wasn't that bad, I was entertained.

16. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Bollocks! That goal was jammy he had no idea what he'd done till the ball was in the back of the net, should have been marked though. I wouldnt say Liverpool were by far the better team, they created more chances but didn't take them. However (in my own mind) Milan shouldnt have even been in the champs league, they are match fixing cheats after all! I'm claiming a moral victory for Liverpool. ;)

17. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I'm just glad I didn't go to Athens for this one. Really though, Liverpool should have won it with the chances they got. Now that monies are coming in, time to get a world-class striker.

18. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Maybe Owen will go back, if Man Utd dont swoop him up.

19. teekc Gems: 23/31

Well, by anticipated intensity i mean at least from 65~70mins mark i should see Liverpool press like hell, chasing for every ball every chance everything. But then Rafa sub in Kewell a bit too useless, sub in Crouch a bit too late to do stuff. Rafa is a pretty tactical manager, his substitute usually have weight. This time is pretty disappointing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.