1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bug on Saemon's ship

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Maldir, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

My girlfriend was playing BGII last night and got to the point where Githyanki board Saemon's ship. Instead of the normal behaviour where you lose control, they board the ship and then interrogate Saemon, it was played out as a normal battle with the Githyanki trying to board the ship but being repulsed by the pirates. They could not actually get on board, and were eventually cut down. The Captain, however, remained on Near Death for an eternity, absorbing huge amounts of damage, though he still could not get onto the ship. Eventually she allowed him onto the ship, and he still said nothing.
    After a reload everything worked as it should, but has anyone else seen this bug?

2. Lord Sarevok Guest

A lot of times things like that happen in BG. I wouldn't call it a bug, just the battle went a certain way, someone moved in the wrong place, someone killed someone they weren't supposed to, just a random problem I suppose.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Happened to me. thought that it was a glitch too, it probably was, but i made the most of it hehe. I killed Saemon and all the githyanki and pirates, except for the captain, who cant be killed. I thought that I would try t reload, but he resumed the conversation in a while, no worries, it happens. another time is when i just killed the sahuagin king and that damn prince starts attacking me.

4. Leethal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] like Lord Sarevok said, In Bg1 the Gorion vs Sarevok fight used to go strange all the time....Either an ogre would survive and attack gorion with sarevok, or something just as weird....its just a part of baldurs gate, watch, laugh and reload.....

5. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Something similar happened to me, at the final battle with Irenicus. After I had struck the (supposedly) killing blow, he just stood there. I did about 500 damage to him after he reached Near Death status, but he forgot to die. (I have already finished the game so I know what was meant to happen.)

Interestingly enough, when I stopped hitting him, he regenerated up to full health in about 10 seconds...

6. Lord Sarevok Guest

Yeah that happened to me before and also with Bohdi(second time around). Seems like there is some bug that gives them an insane amount of hitpoints or some kind of super rejeneration. Drizzt was hitting her every second for good damage, and so was the rest of my party, but she'd never die. Really depressing when you have to load and start all over again.......:(

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The Bhaal monster in dream? I keep hitting him for 15 minutes with my weapons, and´all the spells I had... No use.

Can we say frustrated?

After I let it kill me (Wanted to see what happens)and loaded, it took like two minures to whack him.

Ara
    (Waiting for a 2-hour barrage of Spoonerism...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.