1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WC qualifying rounds

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Pac man, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@ BOC
    that's how they beat us. we gotta admit they are the best team in the group.
    by the way we defeated Khazakistan 6-0.

2. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

We, too, won a few days ago. :)

Just to have mentioned that much. Not that its of import or anything.
    Completely forgot against whom, though. Cant remember the number of goals we scored, it seems... :sosad:

Jeeze, at least I hope we won. Was there even a game at all? :hmm:

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

@Pacman

I was thrilled to read (couldn't see it, was at a concert of 3 doors down in 013) that van Persie substituted brilliantly. Maybe he will come around after all!

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

@Misanthrope

I'm not sure that they are the better team. I have watched them in two games and I was not impressed by their perfomance. They have Shevchenko, Voronin and some good midfielders and attackers but their defenders are a source of danger for their goalkeeper, who is also very unstable in corner kicks and crosses. If our players were more careful or lucky, they would have score surely. BTW where the hell is Rebrov? I just realised that the last time I heard his name was two years ago.

5. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Greece was very unlucky.
    Had almost 70% ball possession, created many good opportunities, but was unable to capitalise (actually we scored 2 goals both annuled for offside and the first one was very dubious)
    Anyway we can still hope ...

@ BOC
    Rebrov returned at Dinamo Kiev after the unlucky experience in England and Turkey

6. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

They disable javascript where I work so I have difficulty getting the smiles to work, sometimes they seem to work if use colons and brackets.
    BTW who are Belgium playing up front these days? Its been so long since I last saw them play - it was someone like Olivera last time I looked.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Dendri, i think you guys played against Russia, 2-2 iirc.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rebrov couldn't even manage to score in our second league. He's pants now. He used to be ok when he worked with Shevchenko and had him to carry him along.

9. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Pac man, you are right on both accounts.

2:2 :aww:

10. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Argentina 3 - Brasil 1 :shake: :spin: :banana:
    We made it to Germany 06!!
    Well, Spain had to play 96 minutes against a 9 man team to tie the game to Bulgary.

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Correction...that was against Bosnia Herzegovina.

12. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@ BOC & Barmy Army
    he couldnt score for 14 games in Turkey so that must tell something about his career

13. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Yep, unfortunately Rebrov was a huge dissapointment. When he and Shevnchenko were playing in Dynamo Kiev, I believed that Rebrov was the better player among them but ...

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Did England just lose to Northern Ireland?

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

First off, we have the Hungary-Sweden game. Intense and close, with nethier team getting a goal.

Until the 92nd minute, where Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores from an impossible angle. Sweden is probably making it to the WC.

Then, we have the Poland/England group. Not only do Poland pick a win, but England LOOSE against North Ireland. As one with Polish blood in my veins, I'm proud. Poland is probably making it to the WC.

Then, we have the Ireland/France/Israel/Switzerland group. Switzerland beats Cyprus and strengthens their lead with 16 points. Unfortunatly, France manages to defeat Ireland and takes the second place with 16 points, too. Israel won, placing them in the third place with 15 points.

This means that group looks like this:
    (Games Played, Games Won, Games Tied, Games Lost, Points)
    Schweiz 8-4-4-0-16
    France 8-4-4-0-16
    Israel 9-3-6-0-15
    Ireland 8-3-4-1--13
    Cyprus 8-1-1-6-4
    * 9-0-1-8-1

The remaining games are:
    Israel - *
    Cyrpus - Ireland
    Switzerland - France
    ---
    Ireland - Switzerland
    France - Cyprus

Israel will probably win their last game, together with Ireland while the Switzerland - France game ends tie.** In the final round, Ireland will probably win against Switzerland, while France defeats Cyprus. This ends their series this way:***

France 10-5-5-0-20
    Ireland 10-5-4-1--19
    Israel 10-4-6-0-18
    Schweiz 10-4-5-1-17
    Cyprus 10-1-1-8-4
    * 10-0-1-9-1

So, unfortunatly, France will qualify, but so will probably Ireland, my favourite team of the bunch. ^_^

Now, Italy's group. Italy have always sucked in qualifications,**** but this years, they actually play well.***** Due to Italy's win, and Norway's lost game, Italy now have 5 points to Norway and have almost definatly secured the WC position.

Then, we have Germany, another bloodline country(father's German), and they are directly qualified, so I'll go to Germany in 2006 anyway, even if Poland, Italy, and Sweden fails.

* Last country, some small group of islands called Färöarna in Swedish.

**Can end ethier way, but I guess a tie or a win for Switzerland, cause face it, France sucks.

***My guessings, but I guess that France or Ireland can have radically changed positions. Get more stability, Irishmen, damn it! Most interesting group, by far. =)

****And lately, in the actual competitions, too.

*****Statistically meaning. I still say **** Totti. '

Anyway, see you all in Germany next year. Ciao!

16. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'm sorry but if we keep that stupid swede (apologies to the swedish nation) England won't be anywhere near Germany next year. He seems to have lost all sense of tactics picks the wrong players; I could go on forever but I am so disappointed with our performances now....

Good job our cricket team can play.

17. Register Gems: 29/31

Meh, I've been calling Svennis a narcisisitsk korkskalle for years.

18. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I see you managed to miss Scotlands brilliant win against Norway... 2-1 for all those interested, which nows puts Scotland into a very good chance of Qualifying, it all depends on Italy beating Norway and Scotland winning there next matches against Slovenia and Belarus, which is highly probable with a draw against Italy (should have been a win) and a win against Norway.

19. Register Gems: 29/31

Meh. In Italy's group, I only care about Italy. No interest for nethier Norway nor Scotland.

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

N.Ireland 1 - England - 0

In your face Beckham (and England hating Man united fans)! :banana:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.