1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

'Enhanced interrogations' aren't just for Arabiacs anymore...

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by AMaster, Aug 27, 2007.

1. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    This is awesome, and by awesome I mean 'completely and totally [profanity]'.

2. The Mountain Hare Banned

That's not torture. Is my neighbour torturing me when he blasts music at 1am, preventing me from sleeping?

3. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Uh, you aren't seriously comparing holding an allied, American whistleblower for 3 months and subjecting him to sleep deprivation and constant interrogations to your neighbor blasting his music at 1am (which you can make him stop doing by reporting him to your apartment complex, home-owners association, or the cops), are you?

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    TMH,
    try to be serious. Think of Paracelsus adage that everything is poison, depending on the dose. If you belittle isolation and blasting with noise as nothing you're kidding yourself about the nature of that treatment and the intent behind it.

Just like forcing people into stress positions it is all about breaking down people's will to resist. That is the sole point behind it. There is a point behind sleep deprivation being banned in police interrogations. Guess why.

5. The Mountain Hare Banned

So my school is torturing me when I miss sleep while studying for exams?

6. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

No, TMH, because you're doing it willingly. And you're doing it because of the profit. And you're not isolated from other people (unless you want to). And your environment isn't hostile. And a hundred other reasons.

7. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    No. Only when they hold you for 3 months and subject you to daily interrogations while actively and purposely depriving you of sleep for days at a time.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :( My teachers are interrogating me every day, and YELL at me! :mad: Mean fellas :mad: I tell you! Whenever I fall asleep they wake me up! And then the bullying around: "Where's you're homework, where's you're homework!?" — I have heared it a thousand times. I have no choice too, I must go to this gulag they call school! THIS IS HELL :(

[ August 28, 2007, 08:59: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    :lol: Good one Rag!

@TMH, is your school in a prison cell? Do your neighbours have two 100W speakers in your ear? Do you pee in your pants while you're interrogated? I think not.

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Heck, I hope not... But this might shed some light on the origin of TMH's more darwinist tendencies :) . While being nipped by a puppy and having lost a pound of flesh to a doberman might both qualify as a dog biting you, I dare say there is a slight difference. Same here.

Anyway, back on the OP story - if that's true, it's beyond horrendous. Unholy hell, if that's what you get for doing the US government a favor or doing your duty, it gives some food for thought.

11. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

If they were performing in good faith and reporting illegal acts, they should be given medals, not tortured like that. I finally had time today to read the whole article. It's disgusting. If America truly believes that democracy and the rule of law is the best course of action, they should practice what they preach.

12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    2 weeks and 11 posts and no one has pointed out that "Arabiac" isn't actually a real word. :)

Sorry, I'll shut up.

13. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    And of course the link no longer works. Damn, the CIA got to ´em!

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  15. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

So, any further developments? With something like that out, one could expect that there'd be some understandable outrage.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.