1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My Party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by DarKnight3073, Oct 25, 2001.

1. DarKnight3073 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm just starting BGII again and am having thoughts about this party:
    Me (Halfling Swashbuckler)
    Imoen
    Mazzy
    Valygar
    Anomen
    Haer' Dalis

Any Thoughts?

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    With a halfling swashbuckler you're playing an excellent char - I tend to see the lack of backstabbing as a disadvantage, but this is just increasing your challenge. Just don't mix him up with a fighter ;) As for weapons: How about making him dualwield, maybe scimitars ;) and shortswords or daggers ?

My opinions about the rest of the party: Mazzy is beyond any doubt excellent, Imoen is not only little sis but an excellent mage, Valygar imo sucks but I bet he's rather powerful, Anomen sucks either but he's apowerful char, Haer'Dalis is horrid :D But don't care about my opinions, it's your game. Good fun ;)

3. Xuncle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'd use Minsc instead of Valygar and Keldorn instead of Mazzy but that's much of a muchness.

Viconia is (in my opinion) a far better choice than (that snivelling) Amonen. She has better wisdom and her high Dexterity means that you can get her AC right down. Give her a girdle of hill giant strngth and by level 12 or so she's a tank as well as an evil cleric who can *control* undead.

4. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] you might want to consider getting a substitute for imoen, as jus remember that she does get swept away pretty early on...

consider aerie - first of all you get some good magical+clerical backup, you dont REALLY need another theif (your halfing should be good enough) and you have a chance for a romance.

play on!

5. DarKnight3073 Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the advice guys. I should really give you some background though.
    My last party:
    Me (Elven Swashbuckler)
    Minsc
    Edwin
    Jaheira
    Viconia
    Aerie

6. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think the original party offered can finsish 90% of te game's quests with only minor difficulty prpovided they are attempted in a reasonable order and the party is properly equipped. Should be some interesting dialogue also.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

It's good to play the game again with totally different characters. This will change the game much, cause of relations and NPC-quests. Good luck and enjoy!

8. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

I think the first party is very good and useful especially Mazzy and Valygar both strong characters in their own right, Equip Mazzy with a decent shortbow, either the Tuigan Bow or the Gesen/Tansheron Bows (my favorite is the Tuigan), and Valygar should daul-weild his family blade or the Flail of Ages (when you give him prof points in flails that is) and the Celestial Fury and give him some Boots of Speed and he kicks ass! The shadow dragon scale works great on him as well. And for gods sake dont include Minsc, Valygar is way better than him (IMO) and Minsc is annoying, stupid and silly. (I think people are starting to get my point ;) )

[EDIT] IMO Anomen is a better Cleric than Viconia (Partly because i think that Viconia is a b***h) after you get him knighted he will get a better Wisdom, and all he misses is a few 1st and 2nd level spells, not that great a loss is it? And Anomen can hold his own in a battle without being overly buffed like Viconia needs to. Remember: Just my opinion. [/EDIT]

[This message has been edited by Firestorm (edited October 25, 2001).]

9. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Anomen doesn't have magic resistance, does he?

10. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

No, But Viconia doesnt have 18/52 strength does she? And Anomen isnt blue is he? And I just dont like Viconia thats all.

11. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Saruman, human conjurer (Knave's Robe, Staff+2)
    Minsc and Boo (Sword of Chaos, Plate Mail)
    Yoshimo (Leather+1, Shortsword+2,Bow)
    Korgan (Mail of the Dead, Axe)
    Jan (Robe of FR, Dagger+2)
    Edwin (Staff+1, Some robe)

[This message has been edited by Brega (edited October 30, 2001).]

12. Laertiades Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Laertiades. (Human Monk)
    Jan. Cross Bow (until Imonem returns)
    Edwnin. staff of power (rin and sling at the begining of the game of course)
    Viconia. Flail of Ages and shield
    Minsc Lintanor- Warblade later on.
    Valygar Dual Celestial Fury and own Kat.

I would have loved Mazy to be Thief Fighter so she could at least disarm traps.

[This message has been edited by Laertiades (edited October 31, 2001).]

13. Aurum Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] You can change, add Aerie or Minsc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.