1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Female PC Romances

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by lt_peanut_girl, Nov 26, 2006.

1. lt_peanut_girl Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I was wondering. I have been poking around looking for new, thorough and worth while romances for a female protag other then Kelesy?They seem to only provide the best story plots if your your pc is male. Anyone heard of any ?

Oh and can somone tell me what a " female friendship pack " does ?

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Try Xan, the elven enchanter. Its new version also enables you to choose his class!

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Tsujatha - NE elf necromancer from another world
    Kivan - CG elf ranger (yes, the NPC from the first game)
    Solaufein - drow F/M; he'll romance anyone; adding him to your game will throw tough fights at you.
    Chloe - human kensai who romances the ladies or Imoen

Tsujatha and Kivan I've played to the end and they are enjoyable. Solaufein was 'meh' because he gets philosophical and serious in his talks and the fights are way too hard for me. Chloe I have not played.
    Linkto male NPC mods. Link for female NPC mods.

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Xan, Tsujatha and Kivan are all pretty good options- you should find one of them to your tastes.

Solaufein does introduce harder fights to keep him, as Kuemper said, although you can defeat them with proper planning. The big one can be avoided altogether.

Chloe is, IMO, a pain to be with. She's disagreeable and argumentative with most people. Additionally, she has a bad habit of coming out on top after arguing with NPCs, not all of whom seem to be replying in-character. Added to a couple of other things about her that irritate me, I wouldn't recommend her.

5. Old Raven Gems: 2/31

There is a romance mod for Edwin. I haven't tried it, but I can imagine it to be quite an experience.

6. lt_peanut_girl Gems: 2/31

I was pondering trying Kelsey. I wanted to start looking through various mods. I have played the game a few times and never really tried a romance. Just wanted to start trying the other options to make the game new and exciting. I just recently saw the mod check the bodies. I might give that a shot.....Xan was so bla in the first bg series. Kelsey seems interesting the more I read him. I dont know. I was playing through the game....I just saved Immy and I deiced to try somthing new......any more suggestions ? I am a nebbie to the whole mod thing. WHo knows maybe I will decide BG2 is just how it should be !

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Ah, I forgot Edwin. His romance was rather interesting, though I never saw the conclusion.

@It_peanut_girl: Kelsey is a fairly solid choice to go for as he is well made. OTOH, bear in mind that even if you don't like his romance, you may like another NPC's romance. There are several people, myself included, who got heartily sick of Kelsey when romancing him.

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Kelsey is proffesionaly done and very very nice. He romanced by male PC too, so I know how his romance goes...personally, I do think he is a true ladies man. Romantic, caring, passionate, kind, nice, loyal, etc....Why do some female players hate him I will never know. WHAT are you looking for in a potential love interest? If you desire bulky muscles and stubborn, snobbish and over-protective attitude:go for Anomen! (I am romancing him the first time in my current run, mind you, and it is not half bad as I initialy expected. :p )

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Silverstar: Kelsey doesn't romance male PCs, aren't you thinking about Solaufein?

Kelsey is very well done, he is a bit of a wimp but the dialogues are well written and some are quite funny.

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I know, it was either a bug, mod-conflict, or due to my wild mage turning into woman frequently thanks to wild surges and all.... :lol:

11. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    yuck... :jawdrop:

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Eh, cm'on, it was not that bad....by the by, have you tried Nathaniel, the official gay kensai? :shake: :lol: :roll: Chloe is for ladies, Nath is for guys...

13. Kara Ay Gems: 2/31

Gay romances aren't for me...But who am i to talk, i can't even finish the game and romance Viconia!!!
    P.S:Silverstar check your Private messages....

14. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

What is it with this kensai fellas? :hmm: They're all kinda... gayish? :p

15. Deus Ex Biotica Gems: 2/31

Question: has anyone ever gotten around to making a really excellent Haer Dae'lys Romance mod?

16. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

17. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

wasnt there some sort of Valygar romance somewhere

anomen
    kelsey
    Xan
    Tsujatha
    Kivan
    Chloe
    Solaufein
    uh Edwin or more specifically Edwina isnt it?

and there is that Haer'Dalis romance thats being worked on. so uh any other male NPCs that have romances?

is there any other Male NPCs that would suit having a Romance, i dont see a Yoshimo romance going anywhere unless you can bring him back to life. Minsc seems to attached to his hamster/devoted to his witch to try and be romanced by a female, and a Jan roamance, anyone here into gnomes with stories about poop?, ahh who does that leave, Keldorn, helping him with that situation with his wife assuming you made it so he stays in the game might be a good place to start the romance, but like Minsc in a way he seems a little pre-occupied with the whole paladin thing. ahh that must leave Sarevok? kinda weird having a romance that is TOB only.

i suppose there would also be Jaheira, Aerie, Viconia and that Nalia romance if you have the mod to romance any npc that has a romance regardless of gender/class/race, that affects mods NPC romances right?

and there is that Mazzy romance that would also be affected by this too. its under development.
    http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?s=073dec82f1fbf806d58b5d7245d2fc57&showforum=237

and the Saerileth mod, that would be affected by this too as is the Tashia, Fade and Yasraena mods
    http://www.gilalion.com/saerilethmod.htm (Saerileth)
    http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?s=073dec82f1fbf806d58b5d7245d2fc57&showforum=10 (Tashia)
    http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showforum=322 (Fade)
    http://www.gilalion.com/yasraenamod.htm (Yasraena)

and the upcoming Jelina mod, that too would be affected by this
    http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s=63944d0cf83f2264b8757973dfb47705&showforum=93

arent they making a mod where a female can romance viconia normally? well not normally because mods modify the game, but normal in the sense that you not installing a mod that allows you to romance a NPC regardless of gender/class/race, or there abouts
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/viccy/index.php

and i suppose if you have that part of the mod installed i guess Nathaniel can be romanced by females too then.

18. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I do not think that mod also affects non-bioware mod NPC romances, they do not fall easily for any kind of PC. You can not romance Chloe with a male PC, or Nathaniel with a female PC, or whatever, even with EoU's romance component, UNLESS you play with SK to edit your game and you know the exact variables. Kelsey did romance my male PC BUT I guess it was a bug or misunderstanding due to a wild surge. :roll:

19. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

ok, then so using that feature of EOU is out then.

well that still leaves the viconia romance mod for females. http://www.gibberlings3.net/viccy/index.php

and there is that Haer'dalis mod in the works. Valygar only have banters with Sune right? your PC cant romance him?

20. blob Gems: 2/31

Silverstar posted:

Kelsey is proffesionaly done and very very nice. He romanced by male PC too, so I know how his romance goes...personally, I do think he is a true ladies man. Romantic, caring, passionate, kind, nice, loyal, etc....Why do some female players hate him I will never know. WHAT are you looking for in a potential love interest? If you desire bulky muscles and stubborn, snobbish and over-protective attitude:go for Anomen! (I am romancing him the first time in my current run, mind you, and it is not half bad as I initialy expected. )

Well I agree that Kelsey is really, really well made mod. I would say the best mod I've ever played. However he was not my type. He seems just a bit too much of lady's man.. a bit of easy type if you know what I mean... besides, I thought he would be more suitable for immy than my pc. I must have to say Anomen is my fav romance.. and Xan bonded path is soooooo beautiful and sad at the same time. Nevertheless I really loved all three of them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.