1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where to find Mazzy?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by cat_hair2000, Mar 11, 2004.

1. cat_hair2000 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The only NPC I cannot find; she doesn't appear to be in Umar Hills or above in that area where you fight the Shadow Fiends. Is she dead?

PS. Who's Xan?

Ooooh, is Xan that pessimistic Elf-Mage with that special sword from BG? That still leaves the Mazzy question.

2. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yes Xan is the guy with a "moonblade" from the first BG game
    Mazzy can be found in the Shade Lord's dungeon in Umar hills - the Temple Ruins
    She is locked up and you can free her with a key

[ March 11, 2004, 12:51: Message edited by: Defspeal ]

3. cat_hair2000 Gems: 3/31

Thank you. I'm assuming you mean those dungeons in the same area as the talking stone-face and just north of the sun-gem stand?

4. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

That's where she is. You'll get attacked by the shadow jailer outside her cell who carries the key to it.

5. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

You have to go to the Trademeet to get the quest first though.

6. Dall Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] I don't agree... You can find her anyway... She is imprisoned in the old Amaunator temple, but i found her before i travelled to Trademeet...

7. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Trademeet? That's where Mazzy lives. Trademeet has nothing to do with finding Mazzy and she will not show up there until you free her from the temple ruins.

The temple ruins don't even show up on the map until you explore Umar Hills -- in particular the ranger cabin, which adds the temple ruins to your map.

8. Dall Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Oh yeah, thats true... But I've forgotten it :) ... But anyway, she is in the prison, no matter what, isn't she???

9. Lethis. Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I never free her though (though I have freed her an then killed her... I HATE HER SO MUCH :bang: )

but enough off topic drool from me.

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Really? What's to hate about Mazzy? She's Fall-From-Grace from Planscape Torment. Anyways, you need to go to Umar Hills and then read the map at the ranger cabin to get to the temple to free mazzy.

11. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I always find her a bit holier-than-thou in a way even Anomen can't match. I've only taken her through the game once and don't think she's worth having again.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.