1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: How many of you own PSP?

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Lycrius, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Lycrius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Just wondering how many of SP users have sonys handheld gaming revolution device.

[ July 07, 2007, 16:17: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 18 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: How many of you owns psp (18 votes.)

How many of you owns psp (Choose 1)
    * Yes, I do - 22% (4)
    * No never. - 72% (13)
    * Not before the release of psp2 - 6% (1)
    * Well, I did but... - 0% (0)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Not the best poll options there, I'm afraid... I'd certainly buy it if the price was more reasonable here, but I had to vote for "No, never", which obviously doesn't reflect my position.

3. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

I would consider buying it if there were any games that would interest me.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  5. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

That is just one cliché D&D game. It takes a lot more to get me to buy a handheld gaming console. So in retrospect, I most likely will never buy a PSP, or the next generation PSP, or any handheld gaming console for that matter.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The PSP sounds highly unrevolutionary to me. Kinda like a Gameboy Advance with more oomph and a much higher price tag. Doesn't interest me in the slightest - if I wanted a handheld I'd get a DS.

7. Lycrius Gems: 2/31

Well hopefully the prices of psp start falling after release of psp2 (and hopefully they don't change the game format as they [sony] have done with all previous console releases). But there is lots of RPGs for psp not D&D though (I actually just opened site for such games (www.psprpgs.urli.net) Sorry for advertising but it's understandable. =D And after homebrew enabling I've even checked few "not so successful" home made rpgs for psp. Anyway porting my ps1 collection to psp is fun. Playing the first MediEvil with my psp =D

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

my brothers have a game boy color from before and a ds so we never picked the psp up.

9. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Atm I only have a DS but am considering the PSP. First, it got a price cut. Second, it's only now that there start to be enough games out that I like on PSP. With the DS it was different. There were also very few games out for it that I liked, but I could also still play my old GBA games, which gave me a larger games pool.

The psp is much better than the GBA. It does have the most performant hardware of the handhelds, having images worthy in quality of a console. The DS is much less powerfull, especially in 3D, but does sport the "inovative" dual-screen and touch screen. So basically, between the two, it's more a choice of performance VS innovation, with both being good.

Atm the DS is cluttered with games that try to use too much the innovations of the DS, but fail miserably. Not all games are good to be played with a stylus. On the other hand, the controls of the PSP are very classic, but for allot of games, this suffices.

I actually wanted to buy a PSP this weekend but couldn't find any. All sold out.

EDIT: Clarification: when comparing the graphics of the PSP I was more thinking of current-gen systems like PS2, XBOX or GameCube than of next-gen consoles like PS3, XBOX360 or WII.

[ July 09, 2007, 14:45: Message edited by: Meatdog ]

10. Lycrius Gems: 2/31

I agree with Meatdog about the performace against innovation. I really want to buy DS but never really got to it. I dunno maybe cause I already have psp. I think I read somewhere about DS homebrew too since that touch screen would be useful for lots of other stuff than gaming too.

11. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Don't neglect the "old" GBA games when considering to buy a DS. There are between them that are better than the current third-party games on the DS, especially due to the fact that the developers had more experience with the system and similar control schemes.

At least in Japan, the DS is much more than a pure gaming console, just like the PSP is much more. The PSP is a full portable media center. The DS is a utility. They have translation software and other non-gaming software that you'd rather find on PDA's than on a handheld console.

12. Lycrius Gems: 2/31

I have to look into it. DS comes in colors right? I always wanted to bit rebel so I think I'll go with the pink. :D

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I wouldn't say revolutionary...but yeah, I have it. Not too impressed with the games though, to be honest.

I'm looking at picking up a DS soon...now THAT is a great console...wish I'd bought that instead...

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Since I own a nintendo DS and it kicks so much more ass than the PSP, well no.

15. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Late last year I had three options.

1) Nintendo Wii
    2) PSP
    3) PS3

I took option 3 after spending $2500 on a TV and entertainment system. I had to see what was all the fuss with 1080P was about and all I can say is WOW.

16. Lycrius Gems: 2/31

I personally never owned a playstation before buying psp (well if the ps1 which only my mom plays stays out of count.. yeah yeah, my mom bought ps1 and said something like: I don't play games so this is yours.. but keep your hands off that mahjongg disc. haven't played it either =D ). So maybe it's time to move to next century and buy the ps3.. but since I need also new computer.. choises, choises

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.