1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Making videos and clips? Help please!!

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Drathir Darthirii, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Is there a website where you can search for and download video clips? :confused: At the moment I'm trying to make videos which contain moving video clips, but I can't find any sites to download video clips from. I'm making some videos, so far I have made two that are okay-ish but they just contain pictures with animations and some music. Any websites would have to be free, something you don't have to download or subscribe to and bug/virus free.

The clips I am looking for would mainly be from TV shows and films, mostly Doctor Who and The Young Ones right now.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

:banana:

2. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Have you tried any P2P software?
    That is the first place I would look.
    If you actually have the dvds with the footage that you want or can get them from somewhere, then there is a free program out there call 'dvd shrink' that will allow you to take clips out of the dvd.
    Other than that, I am not too sure. I havent seen any sites that post whole shows on them that are not currently on TV.

Hope this has been of some use to you.

3. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

What's P2P software?

Yeah I have the DVDs with what I want on them and I've been trying to just copy and paste stuff from them, but they're not in a video format so I can't actually use them. I'll search for the DVD shrink thing you recommend. Thanks!

4. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

P2P (Peer to Peer) software is just a program that you can upload or download programs, video, music etc. 2 of the best are Ares galaxy and Limewire. You have to be extremely careful with these programs as you can get some nasty viruses so make sure you have a good anti virus program installed.

However, if you have the dvds, then stick with DVD shrink or a similar .avi, .mpg extractor.

I am curious as to what video editing suite you are using as this may also be a factor.

5. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

I make videos using Windows Movie Maker, a default program on Windows XP (and maybe 2000, I'm not sure).

Where can I get a good DVD shrink or .mpg/.avi extractor?

Thanks for your help! :)

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

DVD Shrink is posted on this site, but the more I think about it, the more I think that it wont be compatible with movie maker. It is still an extremely useful program however.
    I'll look around for a while to see if I can find anything better and send you the link.

Also, if you can get your hands on Ulead media studio, creating videos will become much easier. I'm not too sure if there is a free version of this but I shall have a look for it as well.

Edit: I've got to stop the search for a while, but if nobody posts between now and 4pm aussie time tomorrow (roughly 17 hours from now), I will continue looking.

Edit 2: Righto, This site has a free (though I would just double check this first) version of a DVD to .AVI converter. I found out today that DVD Shrink converts them to .VOB files which are next to useless. This program should be fully compatible with windows movie maker so I wouldnt worry about the Ulead suite.

Let me know if there are any problems and I will have a look at this program as I have not used it before.

[ August 07, 2006, 08:37: Message edited by: TrueBlueAussie ]

7. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

Okay, thank you very very much TBA! You rock! :D

8. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Not a problem.
    If you have any problems that you can't fix, just ask and I will have a look at it and ask some people that I know who know a lot about this sort of stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.