1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Resolution Problems?

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by SoCo, Apr 17, 2003.

1. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] When I try to play any of my games in fullscreen, its not in "full screen" I get a thick black border. I changed the resolution in the game, that makes the border little smaller, but the menu is still the same. Is there something i can do to fix this? Whats cuasing this, the games ran fine before without any problems.

2. The_Anarkist Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Erm, you might wanna make the post title a little more descriptive?
    :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Is it just this one game? or is it with your whole pc? Has someone frelled with the screen sizes? THis is a pretty dumb answer but did you check the horizontal and vertixcal stretch sizes on your monitor?
    :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Other than that, the only tihng it could be,was if your graphics card cant cope with the game in full size and has to play it midgicated.

3. SoCo Gems: 9/31

My card has played the game perfectly before. And I only Tried two games NWN, and Ravenshield. The Problem accurs in both.

My orginal post pretty much answers all your questions. Besides that im on a laptop and i dont have that monitor menu. And if that was the case it would be with everything not just my games.

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sounds like you just have to adjust the width and height of the screen on the monitor. That's what those buttons on it are for (unless it's very old).

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The only reason I can think of is that your monitor has some odd aspect-ration (Like 7:4, or 3:2 ;) ). If this is the case, try playing around with different resolutions (as you have). Beside that, and updating your drivers/adjusting your monitor settings, there isnĀ“t much else to be done, if you do not know how to code a software based solution... :p

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Just a sec, when you got for display properties (advanced) what does the info say about your monitor? Let me guess - is it "generic plug & play"?

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I had this problem on my last video card (on an older computer). It happened when full screen was 1024*868 (or whatever the second is for 1024). I fixed it by installing newer drivers.

When this has occured is the screen effectively split into 3? with 2 black parts at top and bottom and the game in only the middle third? If so this is what i had. If not then i would still advocate updating your drivers.

8. SoCo Gems: 9/31

Cancel That Sorry It Didnt work. But I Think this could be it. Display Properties/advanced has no Nvidia Opitions. On my desktop it has its own tab and im completely missing it. I have went to the offical site many of times and the drives havent done anything. Im on my brothers laptop so i dont know if there even if monitor adjustment, like a desktop.

[ April 21, 2003, 07:10: Message edited by: Something Corporate ]

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Just a sec, did you do this:
    - right-click on the (empty portion of) desktop
    - click on properties
    - click on settings tab
    - click on advanced button

Other way to get to those properties is through Control Panel.

Also, which card is on that laptop? Perhaps it's not nVidia? To check exactly which one is it, do this:
    start->run->dxdiag

And another thing, if it's nVidia 2GO or 4GO card, make sure you download drivers from card/laptop manufacturer's site, not generic nVidia detonator drivers.

10. SoCo Gems: 9/31

Yeah the nVidia drivers dont say if its for GO or not. Are the drivers made for the laptop GO Video cards? I dont seem them on the site.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Get those drivers from laptop manufacturer's site. If it's Toshiba laptop, go to Toshiba site, if it's Dell, go there, etc.

12. SoCo Gems: 9/31

I found the one fo rmy computer and video card, but when i went to install it, it asked if i wanted to overwrite over "newer" files?

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Say YES. Latest Detonator drivers are newer than any GO driver. Plus, I'd suggest uninstalling Detonator drivers before installing GO drivers.

14. SoCo Gems: 9/31

Drivers Didnt work. Someone in the chat, i forget who, but a reliable person, id say. told me I most likely melted my video card by overwhelming it for the last 2 years and so forth.

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

I've told you to install drivers so you can access monitor option. Find monitor refresh frequency option and try to maximize it.

16. SoCo Gems: 9/31

Its at 60 hertz and thats the only opition I can choose.

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Huh? That's too low. Dunno. I'm now clueless. Ppl, anyone with a laptop that contains a GO card around?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.