1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira needs a weapon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Shadow, Jul 8, 2001.

1. The Shadow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Currently on my party I have jaheria and she has no weapon any Ideas of one she could have.

2. Zaragoth Guest

I always give her Scimitars. Always.

3. The Shadow Gems: 1/31

Errr... well so did i but any specific one and just in case i don't know where they r tell me.

4. Zaragoth Guest

You could always use Drizzts scimitars.

PS. Aren´t there any good scimitars on the bonus cd´s?

5. The Shadow Gems: 1/31

She can't use the ace +5 defender (drizzt scimitar) I have a look with joluv and derdre. Can you comment on the gauntlets of crushing and there whereabouts

6. Zaragoth Guest

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    --------------------------------
    These are some of the gloves you can find in the game. (Perhaps it´s all of them?):

Gauntlets of Crushing: +4 THACO and damage when attacking with fists - King Ixilthetocal in City-of-Caverns.
    Gauntlets of Dexterity: Dexterity set to 18 - In the Ghoul Town beneath the Temple District
    Gauntlets of Ogre Power: 18/00 strength Entu in Planar Sphere in the Slums
    Gauntlets of Weapons Skill: +1 THACO Female Thrall in the planar prison
    Gloves of Healing: Heals 10 HPs and cures poison once a day Reward from Sir Ryan Trawl in the High Hall of the Radiant Heart for investigating the fallen paladins
    Gloves of Missile Snaring: +2 AC bonus vs missiles Itona the Shadow Thief in Trademeet
    Gloves of Pick Pocketing: +20% pick pocketing Yarin's room in the Copper Coronet in the Slums.

7. Vanyril Guest

I usually let Jaheira use Belm, which gives her an extra attack per round and then I give her a shield (Sentinel is great). You can also choose to give her Blackblood (that club which can be purchased in Trademeet) or the Impaler spear.

Belm can be found in the Druid Grove in a building in east of the map. But watch out for the evil beast that is garding it ;) :D

[This message has been edited by Vanyril (edited July 08, 2001).]

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I like Jahieiar using scimitars, slings and clubs while wielding a shield and having a good AC. My suggestions (and some more) here ;) :
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002265.html

However, alternatively I think that spears (impaler) and staffs (arundel's) could be nice to use as well.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 08, 2001).]

9. Trunculo Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Whenever I have her in the team, I make tracks to Trademeet ASAP. Otherwise she's stuck with a lame +1 scimitar.

10. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Jaheira isn't a very good dual-wielder compared to some of the other NPCs, but I've still got her doing it, because Belm (the scimitar) gets an extra attack *even in the off hand*. (Normally you don't get extra attacks with your second weapon). So with Blackblood as her main weapon and Belm as her secondary, she deals excellent damage even without complete dual-wielding mastery.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.