1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most emotional moment? (spoilers possible)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Nocturno, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Nocturno Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Don't know if there has been a topic about this already, but anyway:

Which event in the game really got to you, got you emotional?
    For me it was the part of the Unseeing Eye quest, where you free the Diseased Ones, finally being released from service, after all those long years. Can't really tell why. Just discovering this ancient, forgotten temple far beneath the surface already gave me goosebumps. Maybe because arcane history interests me somewhat...

2. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Facing Firkraag for the first time. Astounding!

I love that battle music that is played back when fighting major enemies, say dragons & demi-liches; evertime I prepare for these big fights I turn the speakers up, quite "gets to me".

And eventually: "To end... like THISSS!?"

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

-Freeing the ghost chidren from Neb's evil grasp.

-Foiling the corrupt and debauched Isaea Roenal and watching him run about in his ire.

-Slaying the dreaded Red Dragon, Firkraag.

-Restoring the Sun Temple to the Glory of Light.

-The Druid duel to the death with Faragorn.

-Defeating Irenicus.

-The odd and prophetic dream sequences.

4. The Archmage Neon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, I'd have to say the death of Irenicus for me, but to be slightly :yot: , in ToB, the Good and *spoiler* Losing Your Divine Essence End Movies really got me, showing all those images from your past. That especially got to me because I went all the way through BG1, BG1:TotSC, BG2:SoA, and BG2:ToB with the same character my first time, so remembering my adventure was very emotional for me.

"Taste The Bite Of My Arcane Wind!"

5. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

:yot: I'll risk going off topic as well, as the only two things that really touches me is in TOB, they are:

1. When you're about to decide whether or not to give up your Bhaal-Essence and Jaheira interrupts (only possible if doing the Jaheira romance).

2. After the ending movie, before the credits; the stories about how life continued for those in your party, specially if you completed the Jaheira romance in the "proper" way.

Those last few minutes of the gamed touched me so deeply that even though I wanted to play the game again, I could not get myself to do it because I was still having a "hangover" from the last time I played it (Summer 2002). This "hangover" lasted until new year where I began playing again.

What I did in the meantime? Played NWN and found the OC so bad that I doubted that NWN was created by Bioware, shocking.

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] The first one that got me emotional was the anger part, and desperately wanting to kill, Irenicus making off with Imoen.

When each of your party members speak up for the last battle against Irenicus in Hell. Imoen Viconis and Minsc say some great stuff :)

Also the dreams through the game, especially the one where Imoen seems to be forgetting things.

Hmm, wonder if anyone can guess what NPC is always in my party from this? :lol: ;)

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

- Clearing out the Temple Ruins. Freeing the ranger heroine (Myrella??) from the Shade Lord's domination was the climax.

- The ending. Irenicus deserves such a dire fate.

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For me, it was the night spent with Jaheira in the De'Arnise Keep. It was the climax of what I consider a rich and complicated romance.

I sometimes do the Viconia romance as a bad guy, but Jaheira still has my heart. In my opinion, she's the most beautiful and loveable there is.

Also, sometimes the apple is so much sweeter for having to wait for it, work for it, and care for it.

;)

9. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

As a player, being in the zone and beating Irenicus in Hell.

As a modder, probably a toss-up between the initial release of Kelsey-SOA (the culmination of a lot of hard work) and recording the endgame sequence for the PC leaving Kelsey behind to ascend to godhood.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Starting the game for the first time - in the cell and the battle and I was like "Uh-oh" and "WTF?" I was glad Immy was there though, and minsc and Jaheira, my old friends back! I was eager to find Dynaheir and Khalid ASAP! Only to find them dead -_-

When I turned into the slayer I was a bit worried too.

In chapter six I was upset at my peple being taken by that dumb vampy.

Irenicus being killed - He deserved it - I was screaming at my PC to kill him and when I had killed him I still had some rage left and trashed the room :thumb:

Generally I found it was all affecting me somehow - then again - I do get into things a bit too deeply. Adding my own histories to my characters wandering the lands for my sister, doing all I can to saveher and myself.

11. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

BG2 had a lot of emotional moments for me.
    i love when Minsc says how he is tired of screaming battlecries at Irenicus, and i get goosebumps whenever he screams "Evil meet sword, SWORD MEET EVIL! ;)

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

SPOILER:

The Viconia epilogue for ToB if you romance her.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The epilogues usually get to me, but the end movie always gets to me; even if you choose to NOT become the new lord of murder. :rolling:

[EDIT] WooHoo!! New Gem!!! :cool: :love: :happy:

[ January 06, 2003, 01:49: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

14. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

gotta agree that the whole Jaheira romance is very emotionally touching.
    For me the most emotional moment turned out to be the vampirising quest - I had to kill Jaheira with my own hands (well actually those hands held Celestial Fury) and that just a couple of days after she and the hero became "closer" :)
    The restoring in the temple is also very emotional.

Aside from that there are a lot of emotional moments - I get excited every time I see a dragon, man they are just soooo impressive and scary.

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Without a doubt first time I met Firkraag, my first dragon in a D&D game ever. I was so glad he didn't attack me right on.

Second place the dreams and the voice who reads the intermissions. I really like those in one and was very dissapointed with the voice in totsc but in BG2 it was great again.

Third place, saying to those devils in hell to shove their nymph flayed cloaks up their *ahum* behinds.

16. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Romances, duh! What else could match those?

17. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I liked Yoshimo and I felt sooo betrayed.

Someone suggested a Yoshimo romance mod for us gals. Then the betrayal would be even more poignant. Yoshimo could have some heart-wrenching dialogue as he's forced to kill his true love.

And a clock-ticking quest to remove his geas as he slowly, painfully withers would enhance it still further. (Maybe his stats would each go down by one every 24 game hours, until one of them hits zero and he dies.)

18. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

This would have to go more on Baldur's Gate 1 side. The feeling when I finally started to realize that my (or my PC's, as some would prefer to say) father was a god. Second would be when you had to escape from the crypts of candlekeep, being encountered by the Shapeshifters taking the image of Gorion and Elminster. Then we get to the SoA side, where the capture and finding of Imoen were most emotional. The end battle (was it the second or the third time I got that far) with some very dark and powerful fantasy music, was awesome.

[ :yot: ]
    ToB on the otherhand didn't offer much anything due to the incredibly low-level dialogue (choises to choose from: 1) I will do this because I am good and glory incarnation!!! 2) I will do it, but ONLY because it will benefit me... do you understand? Do NOT think that I would do this for your benefit. Nono, it is for ME, ME, and ME alone!! HAHAHA! 3) Haha, I am evil, did you know? Evil! I will never, NEVER do what you say, hahaha! Can you see the difference to BG1/2? I hated those dialogues. Rarely in BG2 even did you really have a chance to effect the main plot conversations in any way either (meaning, what the npc says is always the same no matter what you say inbetween their comments), but at least you got the feeling that you could answer what your character would have, whatever the end result might be. Instead of the stupid leet whining and over zealous attitude you're forced to take in ToB. Aside from all this, however, the ending was indeed a great emotional moment. The fact that you get a short story describing what happened to each of your party comrades afterwards alone has encouraged me to play that far numerous times. And will do so in the future I suspect.
    [/ :yot: ]

[ January 15, 2003, 08:55: Message edited by: Foradasthar ]

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Exactly which part of the "Posting anything ToB-related is not allowed in this forum." didn't you understand? The only reason your entire post was not deleted is that it's really too vague to be much of a spoiler. But watch it in the future.

20. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

You have a problem with being too blunt, Tal. Add a smiley, every now and then. Agreed, this WAS the wrong place to post something concerning ToB. But concidering the fact that my post held information of BG1, BG2, and ToB all together, I hardly think it was worth it to post a new thread to each of their respective forums. Besides, I was the third already to break the line between SoA and ToB. Should I be a more sensitive person, I would take it as a personal insult that you decided to scold me alone for a crime I was not the only one responsible of. ;)

Point taken though. And my opinion of ToB dialogue certainly wasn't needed there.

[I think you need to go back and read the rules like you were asked to when you registered. This is something you should have PMed or emailed. Tal's above post, though directed at you, was meant for everyone to note and heed - BTA]

[ January 15, 2003, 17:10: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.