1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG Prequel anyone?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Elfen Lied, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

thats what i cant stand, im just as, if not more content playing BGII than i am playing WOW or GW, or even NWN to a lesser extent.

prehaps you are right, still is it wrong to dream?

2. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Never wrong to dream!

I've put a lot of my own hopes and dreams up on many of these BG3 topics, honestly I hope to see a BG game that ties into say... an entirely new series involving ohhhh, Waterdeep? Or the Lords Alliance?

Maybe an adventure that starts you off in Baldur's Gate and ties you into a series of events taking place in Thay, or Cormyr, maybe even CHULT!

So we would be putting into the Unreleased forum topics, "Silverymoon Adventures" followed by "Silverymoon Adventures: Fate of the North" ya know? ;)

3. Black Magician Girl Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Actually, a BG game navigating your trials after godhood sounds like it'd be pretty fun.

Or maybe instead of a prequel or sequel, just remake the entire series, with updated graphics and more plot/choices. While the game was pretty freeform, I feel that some of the choices the Bhaalspawn faced were too black and white - not enough neutral or chaotic choices.

4. Elfen Lied

yep sounds good to me.

5. blob Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

are you guys saying there's still hope for bg3? and is it actually related to previous bg1 and bg2? I heard the original bg3 wasnt related to bhaalspawn saga at all.

6. Elfen Lied

not quite sure how it could be a prequel or sequel to the bhaalspawn series and not be releated to it.

im not saying its not possible, but i think it might have to have something to do with the events in or before the game.

but some kind of other game set in baldur's gate seems more probable. they have them for console why not PC?

7. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

In a prequel, you could play as a CHARNAME who was an adventuring companion to a young Gorion. You wouldn't have to be a Bhaalspawn, in fact, you could be a regular human/elf/dwarf/gnome/half-orc adventurer entrusted to defend the baby CHARNAME of BG1 with young Gorion. You would probably have to die at the end, though, along with the rest of the party, other than Gorion (who flees to Candlekeep).

For the record, there's no way in hell an official BG3 will come out short of Sawyer's NWN2 mod, assuming that doesn't get killed by the lawyers.

8. Elfen Lied

sadly you are probably right.

a game lick Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for PC seems more likely.

like BG: DA in the sense it has BG in the title but has nothing to do with the Bhaalspawn series.

9. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I like the idea of you being Gorion's protege. Perhaps his companion prior to CHARNAME being born? Or perhaps even Gorion himself? Either one would make for a suitable adventure.

Just no Dark Alliance mash-ups, please.

10. Elfen Lied

of course not. it more likely to be its one series of games with the BG name attached, like how the DA games were, part of but not part of the series.

lol im kinda talking about seperate games, i dont think you could get a direct prequel (or sequel) to BG, but prehaps something like IWD, it happened before the event in BG1, and IWDII happens after the events of TOB, so you could argue IWD is the prequel and IWDII is the sequel.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.