1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragons are too easy!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by anybodey_9901, Nov 8, 2000.

1. anybodey_9901 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I can't imagine that the dragons here are very easy too kill! I killed two dragons already using only one spell (won't tell what the spell is) but they should have made the dragons immune to much of these offensive spells. The two dragons are Firkraag and the one from The Temple Ruins.

[This message has been edited by anybodey_9901 (edited November 08, 2000).]

2. t4sK Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] hmm.. i got really scared of the dragon in the temple ruins... i just ran away - even though i knew it wouldn't hurt me... i didn't have anyone with me, so i guess it would have been completely impossible to kill it with a stupid lil' dwarf at lvl 9. (yeah - i actually managed to get all the npc's killed in the temple ruins..hmm... btw - it's the hardest difficulty level... anyone else playing this? Damn, it's hard... especially when i haven't played bg2 before...heh) Anyway... Anybodey_9901 -> if you find the game to be too easy - go for a higher difficulty level... Anyone can kill a dragon at the lowest difficulty level...

--t4sK

3. TelexStar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think your lying!!!

There is'nt ONE spell that you can cast that kills dragons!!

(somebody back me up please)

4. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I don't think so either.
    I tried the temple ruins dragon and he resisted every spell I threw at him.
    I had to haste my team and do a lot of hacking to even make a dent in him.

5. t4sK Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] oh yeah - i forgot that... i don't think you could... oh wtf.. what those guys said.

--t4sK

6. anybodey_9901 Gems: 3/31

uhmm...anyway I am not LYING... (want me to mention the specific spell, that would ruin the game) and the level of difficulty is at the 'Core Rules' difficulty and if I didn't try to think of trying that spell on the dragons, I must admit that all my NPCs including my main character would have died to the dragons.

7. t4sK Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] jesus christ man... WHICH SPELL?!
    We can't use what you've said so far to, well, anything can we?
    How could it ever ruin the game if you told us which spell it is? Let us decide that for ourselves. Hm. You sure as hell haven't convinced me before i hear a spellname and i can try it out for myself.

--t4sK

8. anybodey_9901 Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Ok...
    Since you want to know what the spell is, its the level 6 mage spell 'Disintigrate'.

9. t4sK Gems: 2/31

Boy, is this gonna be swell! hmm.. now i only need to get a mage somewhere, and i'll go kill some dragons...

--t4sK

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm... Did you get all the loot from the dragons? The spell description says there's a chance that equipment will be disintegrated along with the monster...

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I don't like using disintegrate...You can lose the stuff they're carrying.

It wasn't impossible killing the dragons I've fought...But it was a good fight...I generally have my spellcasters firing in those magical protection removing spells, and then move my fighters in for the kill.

12. Ciller Gems: 2/31

The balance in this game needed some work. Where were their testers testing each spell on certain big fights? The monks super punch thingy (whatever its called) and disintigrate killing the dragons with ease. It is not right. Dragons should need a rounded attack stratagy to win. Not just a single move. Well, at least not when your player is at mortal lvl. Maybe when he gets up in the 20's....

Ciller

13. Mobeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Besides the loss of items, Disintegrate is subject to cancel by a saving throw. These guys alway seem to get saves at +20 or some such. Personally, I try to use spell that, even with a save, still do at least half damage. I hate to waste spells, especially higher level ones that are few in memory anyway. My preference, I guess. Although, as a last resort to get past some baddie to advance to the next level...maybe worth trying.

14. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Don't worry about balance, I usually find that Murphys law of CRPGs handles that, i.e Monsters always make their save,
    Characters always fail.
    That, plus the chance of missing out on the +5 sword & dragon scales means I will stick to more complex strategies that involve my characters being wing buffeted all over the walls before the beast finaly drops with a shuddering thud.

15. SaLtDoC Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Couldnt do that Dragon before. Then i returned to him after the Underdark and kicked his ass :) But i agree that they should have been made harder. And i think there should have been more Dragons since i killed every Dragon in the game so far with my dual weilding katana elven fighter :)

Salt

16. The Kurgan Gems: 3/31

HELLO. remember Draco's Forum message?
    The Monks "Quivering Palm" kills any monster with one hit if it hits. You can kill a dragon with it with one hit if you hit the chance.

The Kurgan

17. anybodey_9901 Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Hmmm...I think I did lose some of the items on Thaxl'silliya... ( i forgot what that item is).
    That's the problem when using the disintigrate spell, u lose some of the things that sometimes is rare...

18. anybodey_9901 Gems: 3/31

I remembered what i lost ... i think it is the Shadow Dragon's scales (what does it do anyway?)

19. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

you make the scales into armour....

20. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dragons sux... they are WAY to easy to defeat! They just... sux... serioulsy.. it ain't no challange at all!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.