1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate 3 is dead..

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Saladin, Nov 9, 2004.

1. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Honestly speaking, It would be kind of interesting to play as a god... basically invicible... get laid by multiple girls of random species (that Bhall did get around didn't he :-P) but in reality there's no story to it. Baldur's Gate is taken away from the rest of the RPGs because of character interaction, and of course plot. The games for PS2 and Xbox (Dark Alliance) are not really BG games, they're just hack and slash games with the same name.

In reality, I wouldn't trust Black Isle and such with the task to let us down. They have pumped out these good games and expansions, and by now they have my trust not to screw things up.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Just so you know, Black Isle went under quite some time ago. :)

3. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Personally I think it would be interesting to explore other children of Bhaal. Okay, so you've lost the suspense of not know about your past etc, but as was mentioned the Forgotten Realsm is huge, why couldn't we just play out a completely different Child of Bhaal story in a completely knew location. There's probably hundreds of different spins you could put on it to make an interesting game. Because in all honesty I have absolutely no interest in playing another high level game that continues from the end of BGII regardless of whether or not the PC is a god. I miss the days of BGI where finding 10 +1 arrows was a big deal and you actually had to be affraid of Wolves, Xvarts and Kobalds. There's only so powerful a game can get until it becomes a little rediculous. Pre-BG might be fun, but I hope they keep the levels reasonable. I don't really want to play a game where you start above lvl20 and go from there. Give me a first level mage and miles of wilderness any day.

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG]
    Coming from a guy with the tag, Godrules44. :lol:

5. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31

Haha yeah, more like one of the characters in TOB I think (possibly Melissan) saying something like that.

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Oh, I thought you meant a figure like Jesus or Buddha or something.... :lol:

However, to maintain a thin veneer of seriousness to the topic, I would say romances shouldn't be integral to the game, as they always come across as sappy and half-baked. I would prefer some heavy NPC interaction though.

7. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31

No I do mean a figure like Jesus. The above comment was about the "getting around" comment.

As long as there's enough Dialogue to make it a real RP game, It's fine with me. I'm not that hard to please.

8. Mierin Gems: 4/31

Veteran

I would love just for BG3 to be larger in scope, so far both episodes have just had 1 properly fleshed out city, with several smaller villages, and several outposts.

9. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31

Yeah, more than one real city would be nice, mostly because you really get a multi-cultural RP experience if there are not just a few small villages.

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I don't know about that, the major cities in Faerun are spread great distances from each other. So far we have had Athkatla, Baldur's Gate, Luskan, and Neverwinter. Didn't even get to see Waterdeep in HotU. I think Waterdeep and Calimport are the biggest cities in the realms. I'd say BG3 will be in either of those two cities or in one that we have already visited.

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well a city that I personally would like to see as a starting place is Zhentil Keep but unfortunetly I do not think that is going to happen since it lies so far away from the sword coast and for some funny reason I have a feeling that the next BG3 will be based on the Sword Coast too. Waterdeep and Calimport are pretty good guesses and both entirely possible but I do not think they will be used because of their size. I would assume the game will mostly take place in Baldur's Gate just because it seems so logical to go back there.

12. toughluck Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

ToB is designed with a final XP target set so high that if BG3 was to be a sequel, it would be an adventure of a 40th level party. If you got hordes of 35th+ level creatures thrown against you, it would lose all integrity with metagaming terms - an average person doesn't get past level 1, "ordinary" adventurers don't get past level 8, extraordinary ones past level 14, and only the legends go to levels beyond 20 (think Drizzt, Elminster, Khelben, and the sort). If, on the contrary, you got reasonable (up to 4th-5th level) opponents, the game would get boring with no XP progression at all.
    And what kind of a plot would be interesting to such a high level party? They would basically be close to gods' avatars in their level and capabilities. I would wager a guess that if they were to battle all the high level heroes (already mentioned three with entire parties, as well as an army with them) they would have odds in their favour.

A prequel? I, for one, think it's a great idea. Writers get many opportunities for influencing the world, though it's tough to say whether it should take place during the time of troubles or earlier. ToT gives plenty of opportunities for plot twists, but most people would hate the idea of no magic in the game.

As for "Dunsc" - I wholeheartedly support the notion of Boo actually being a miniature giant space hamster. I believe the game drops many obvious hints at that. Maybe it's silly, but if Boo is not that mingispaham, it would be hard to explain what insight Minsc often had - contrary to what his ability scores describe.

13. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think a prequel has already been confirmed ain't it?

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  15. Mierin Gems: 4/31

Veteran

We didnt get to see Luskan or neverwinter, dont count NWN.

Both cities in NWN were tiny, without any real atmosphere or depth.

Also, what does distance matter?

16. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Ugh, in NWN, Luskan had around 8 buildings, tops. It doesn't count. :p

17. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Athkatla was perfect, but then again so was the keep, I don't think its a question of size of the map when it comes to starting the game, just that it is relevant to the story and not going to drive us all to an early grave with pointless sub-quests. I have a feeling the start to the game will be similar to BGII but set in BG itself, and seeing as its a prequel will the developers skimp out on parts of the map? Who knows...

18. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Can anyone tell what's already confirmed for BG3?

19. San Ti Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

sorry for the following stupid question but there would be baldurs gate 3????AnD the stopped the project????F**CK

20. Pablo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

As far as I know, absolutely nothing. It's all speculation at this point.

Well, if I recall correctly, Throne of Bhaal was originally planed as a full blown sequel, not an expansion. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but anyway, ToB was intended to be BG3.

Black Isle was working on Jefferson (BG3) a while before they were shut down, but Herve, in his infinite wisdom, decided to can it along with Van Buren (Fallout 3), the only two projects with any prospect of turning a profit for Interplay...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.