1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate 3 is dead..

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Saladin, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Enagonios

Nope, that's what the Atari rep said about BG3 in PC Gamer.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

ah my bad, i must've misread it in some post. I thought that was part of the reason they gave for making NWN a 3D game instead og isometric.

on another note, yeah i'll admit it would be difficult to make a good story now that the saga is well wrapped up, but you never know what these guys will come up with next. it may just be worth it.

3. Rednik Gems: 21/31

This game is going to be more NWN or DA-like than the others and probably not going to be worth it. You can already tell this is going to be a leech on the genre because they kept the name but are applying it to a completely different game.

4. Morten Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"I'm predicting BG3 is going to be kiddy-fied console crap that they're pushing to make as much money as possible off of the BG name."

i'll speculate a bit more.
    if this prediction is corect and BG3 is going to be a console game and BW gots unreal3 engine and makes a console game with no name... prepare to become dazzled if there's any connection between those facts.

i'm sure the unreal3 engine would be perfect for BG3

given the anticipation of fans bg3 is probably the most secret game development project today.and they're heading for a huge surprise.

atari perhaps is not on very friendly terms with bw iirc... but i'm not so sure about it.

let's just wait and see cause where big money is in stake..even the worst enemies become close friends especially in the business world where money is the reason of existence :)

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Good point Morten, but I wonder if Bioware is even doing BG3. I heard it could be Stromfront.

6. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sadly, I fear there may be some truth in the topic statement... I do hope it will be ABSOLUTELY false though. But my hopes are frequently futile, so I guess we'll all just have to wait(without holding our breath)!

7. Mower the Mage Gems: 1/31

Keep in mind that it's now fake-Atari that has control of this and they're most likely to pander to the slobbering masses.

8. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    You know.. why do people go on about BG3 having to continue the story. Doesnt the name give any clue? 'Baldur's Gate'! Surely a sequel should be based in that city, and not a game that takes place miles away in the realms.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Completely unlike Baldur's Gate 2, then? :shake:

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Completely unlike NWN too I hope. :shake:

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    True BG2 took place away from the city. Initially a small disappointment.

12. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You slaughtered every monster and did every quest in Baldur's Gate, already, why would you want to remain there? ;)

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I don't believe in Baldur's Gate 3 ever coming out, to be honest. Even if so, there won't be much of a link with the previous parts of the saga if charname's fate isn't an important part of the background, which doesn't seem likely to happen.

14. Douganation Gems: 1/31

From what I've heard from gaming sites and mags it seems as though BG3 is going to take place during the time of Balduran. So thats like...400 years I think before BG1&2. Hopefully that means that there wont be any stupid Drizzt cameo, although I've also heard rumors that one of the main characters will be a long lost hamster toting ancestor of Minsc; I think that would be very very lame.

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm not saying it would have no chance of success, but it wouldn't be easy, that's sure.

16. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Well, I don´t know... It could be posible... I mean, new 3rd edition rules perhaps... and if anyone are afraid that the story would be crappy, well the Forgotten Realms are vast, I´m sure that something relevant could be dug up. The makers of BG have been knovn to be creative before...
    But I also don´t see a BG3 any time soon, if at all.
    If they decided to go for it, it should not come as a surprise, that a LOT of things would be similar to BGI+II. But, hell it could be fun...

17. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't really see what's left open in the story still. It just couldn't really be Baldur's Gate anymore. There's not much opportunity for a prequel either, unless they wanted to do something about the Time of Troubles.

18. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I don't think there will be a BG 3. It would be out
    right now if they were going to make it.

19. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Are you so sure? Look at Doom 3...

20. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

AT LEAST THERE SHOULD BE NEWS THAT BG 3 IS COMING!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.