1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG III

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Tiberius, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] What should be the hardest creature in BGIII if it is developed. I mean we've had dragons, demi lich's, demogorgon, demons out the bung. Plus several other very tough opponents. What next?

2. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Goblins. Especialy their leader, Otto, who is a level 50 sorcerer with his own custom made spells. That would be SO cool

3. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

AO. Afterall what's god to someone who is a god himself. Yes that's right! Let BG3 be the tale of the bastard child-become-god wage his war against other gods, ultimately rising in power to defeat AO himself. It's all impossible of course but hey, what's impossible if not just another challenge?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Considering that according to the rumours BG3 will be a prequel, you will very likely start with characters at level 1 again, so I doubt you'll see anything much previously unseen.

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

A prequel? That means you would be playing as a child (and ultimatly, you wouldnt be able to gain levels because you start bg1 as level 1)

A prequel? What adventures could you possibly have done before bg1?

Sounds like a idiotic idea. They should make a sequel, after you chose NOT to become a god instead. Or possibly, following the life of ANOTHER child of Bhall, or someone conected to Bhallspawns.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, I would suggest that you might be playing a DIFFERENT character. Unless it was all a dream......

7. Advanced Simplicity Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I would really hate starting at level 1 again considering all we went through with bg, going from lvl 1 to lvl 30+ , character development would pretty much be the same then in bg3 depending how big the game is(and what the xp cap is at).

What I wanna see is epic characters.

A prequel sounds a little.. boring, what would be so intruging about that?

The way I see it the 2 main options for me is:

1. You are a god, this is a pretty no-no since beeing a god would probably make your life very strange and what would you do all day?

2. second and probably the most interesting, you said no to beeing a god, you continue your travels, try to settle down maybe? marry Jahiera? But your proably a very famous person by now.. and there is no peace for a child of bhaal. What awaits you now? The Planes, the bloodwar?

8. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

I actually hopes it has nothing to do with the Bhaalspawn saga. I mean as already said, you couldn't really gain lvl's with any character from the bhaalspawn saga before bg1. I would rather see a whole new adventure taking part near Baldurs gate and what lies north of it, like Soubar and so on.

9. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Tiberius: There should be armies of base level monsters, goblins don't hang round in groups of five or ten, there should be hundreds of 'em (should I mention the intro of LotR's? oh well...too late).

@Gregor McGrum: "What I wanna see is epic characters."? How can you have an epic character if you can't be bothered to progress from level1? (plus the fact this is rumoured to be a prequel to bg1 and not a sequel you should have no reason to start from a progressed stage)

@Harbourboy: If I do find out it was all a dream, I swear some heads will roll...how enoying would that be?!?

@Bahir the Red: I find it unlikely that you will play the EXACT same character from bg1+2 as you said, it will be impossible to level up and hold the story true. Maybe the character will be the lord of murder himself or maybe nothing to do with the bhaal spwan at all...who knows...

I'm definately looking forward to a completly fresh story that has little relation to the characters in bg1+2 but is still based on the sword cost etc.

Will the game be using the same ruleset from bg2? Are they allowing you to use your character from bg2 too? I can tell I'm going to get as impatient with this as I am with FO3 and NWN2...grrrr

10. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

Well I don't think there is realistically a way they could make a good sequel / prequel. And the way I see it, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 are all about Charname. If BG3 isn't about Charname, then it isn't BG3. They should make a new D&D title instead.

Even if they managed to make an incredibly good game telling the story of someone related to the events of BG1&2, it still wouldn't *really* be BG3 to my eyes.

Aye, this is a problem alright.

11. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ah yes, the number three does stuff it up a bit doesn't it. Maybe they should have wrecked it the profesional(sp?) way and done a star wars title and called it episode 1 or somthing really stupid like that :) They should have just let it be, SoA and ToB were excellent, how do they intend to top it? They have a challenge alrighty, maybe they are going to base the story on Boo, who all long has been the REAL lord of murder, that'll make me buy it for sure ;)

[ August 19, 2004, 13:30: Message edited by: Slayer of the Coast ]

12. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

That is exactly my view on things. And the chances of them actaully doing anything other than a prequel are probably slim. So I very much doubt i'll bother with it.

13. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Maybe it will deal with the Harpers attempt to stop Bhaal from coming back. :p

14. Maettt Flaqq Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Battling Tarrasques.

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, Prequel?
    Like playing Gorion and saving <charname>?
    Or playing Bhaal and impregnating anything that moves?

I hope it won't be a sequel with the same character, starting at level 40, maybe if he/she had a good kick in the head and forgot all his experience, then it could be okay...

The hardest creature in BG will hopefully be a high-but-not-really-high-as-a-lich creature, like a mutant gibberling :p

16. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Bah! It looks like they're doing this in 3d too. Does the isometric perspective really sell that badly? Well I hope they'll prove me wrong but I'm pretty much convinced that 3d will only hurt the game. :sosad:

17. RangerFox Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It should have true epic creatures, like prismatic dragons.

That is, assuming the 3.5 system is as closely followed as they did in ToEE (in other words, designed so that you will rarely want to use regular attacks).

If it isn't followed as closely as ToEE, the degree of epicness in the creatures isn't going to make much of a difference because we'll have to use brute force and rely on powerful equipment instead of strategy.

18. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Moving to a 3D non-isometric perspective will serve only to alienate the real fans of the game. Expect to see something actiony and light on actual substance. No I really don't want to see the look of fear in an orc's eye right before the fireball hits okay?

The new perspective might be an indicator that this is gonna be a console port as well.

19. Lutheo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

A 3d perspective will be horrible. I couldn't stand playing NWN because of the view. I agree with Foradasthar, if BG 3 isn't about Charname it simply isn't Baldur's Gate. Although, running around with a level 50+ character would be just plain stupid.

20. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I have to agree with the basic idea that if it doesn't have anything to do with charname then it isn't Baldur's Gate and why they would call it Baldur's Gate III is beyond me and is an obvious move at milking a successful title. I don't want to see a prequel, as far as I can see there isn't really anything you could do with charnames early life and any new character you play would eventually have to die before meeting charname because we hear nothing of them.

I would rather see the game take on a 'child of charname and Aerie/Jaheria/Viconia/Anomen' however that would limit the possible PC races to Human, Half-Elf, Half-Elf(Drow), Half Drow-Half Elf, Half Avariel-Half Elf and certain other mixes.

There has to be a way of the PC being open to being any gender playing any class of any race.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.