1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate 3...it's official (almost)

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Late-Night Thinker, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The deal with the issues is that PC gamer always publishes their's a month ahead for some reason, so the August edition comes out in July, the September edition in August. Sometime they get even more ahead of themselves, and publish it two months ahead, like I own the September Issue, and it does say they have they're going to be previewing BG3.

[ July 21, 2004, 21:32: Message edited by: Topdawg ]

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I do hope they dont much this up, whoever is going to make it. IF it's in the making at all that is :(
    it's been years since i've been excited over an upcoming title, this has surely gotten me excited.
    Too bad there's a greater possiblity that the game simply wont be (doubtfully though, someone will want to grab it just for the title) or more likely it'll be just a cash-cow, nothing more. :(

3. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dont get your hopes up people...You know how Temple turned out_remember what we all thought of that?? Sorry, I just have to be the pecimist here!

4. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

That's probably true. I've high hopes for BG3 but I'm more of the opinion that it'll turn out to be tedious like NWN or a bugfest like TOEE.

Hoping I'm proved wrong though and the game is as good, if not better, than the first two.

5. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

you are not serious....you can't be..BG games are incredibly awesome.

6. Sirus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Only if your definition of awesome is dog poo.

7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Sirius - A Diablo 2 fan by chance?

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ida know, Sirius...my dog pinched one off the other day that was pretty impressive.

9. Sirus Gems: 2/31

Nope, actually I've never played it.

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Surprise. If you don't like the Baldurs gate games, universally recognized as the best D&D based CRPGs, why are you here? SPs foundation is D&D related gaming.

Not that I mind your presence, I'm just curious. One might confuse you, based on your above response, with a troll. :confused:

11. Sirus Gems: 2/31

I like roleplaying games. Just not the Baldur's gate games.

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Well, which roleplayinggames other than the BGs that is represented here do you consider good?

Pool of Radiance II: Ruins of Myth Draennor perhaps? :lol: If you really consider it good, you oughta start playing other games.

Icewind Dale 1? Don't think that's the one you appreciate on the site, it's too much alike BG.

NeverWinter Nights? Probably, NWN with it's sequels is probably the most famous and popular D&D RPGs, even though both the BG and the IWD series are better, so I think that's your thing.

Icewind Dale 2? Too much alike IWD1, which is too much alike BG, so I don't think so.

Planescape: Torment? Could be, I can't review it as I haven't played it(for some reason it wouldn't work on my computer, unfortunatly), but from I have heard, it is a deep, intruging, RPG so you may like it.

Greyhawk: Temple of Elemental Evil? If you are here for a non-finished bugfest that could've been good but lacked two important things; playability and 3E, not 3.5E. I may be a bit rough, but the opinion is not my only, I believe.

EDIT: I am sorry if this sounded harsh, I may have been carried away. If you were offended, I'm sorry, but I just had to ask.

You could also be here for info about Dragon Age or the D&D RTS.

13. Sirus Gems: 2/31

Planescape: Torment was a great game, and was why I stumbled upon this site. Neverwinter Nights was just.... meh. ToEE had great combat but bad everything else.

14. Register Gems: 29/31

Okay, so I take it you like the Fallouts as well? I mean 1 and 2, not Tactics as it is more strategy and not Sellout: PoS

15. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

BGIII won't be 3rd edition. It'll be Edition 3.5 probably. I hope it isn't turn based like ToEE was, combat could take forever.

Well, 'IF' it is offical we can only hope it stays away from the BG storyline. Yet, if it isn't based on the BG storyline... why call it Baldur's Gate III? If I remember correctly there are quite a few cities in Toril... many of which you could name the game after.

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Why name the game "Baldur's Gate 3"?

1. Cash, man, it rules the world, man. :hippy:

2. It may be heavily related to the BG storyline, like being the protagonist's child or something alike, like a childhood friend or someone touched upon heabily on your travels.

3. See 1.

4. Continuing from after ToB.

5. It is close to Baldur's Gate, the city that is, but is not related in any way to the original games.

And for all that is good and pure, please don't use the 4. Hope it will be number two, but that you are not the child of the propagonist but something else.

Also, hope that it is not 3.5E but 3E, as I loathe the former.

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Seriously, it's just a silly rumour; there won't be BG3. :shake:

...Or at least "Baldur's Gate" we know...

18. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hmm...I've thought of something which I think may be a possibility...

Atari has all but said they are making BG3...(see www.rpgdot.com)

Atari was the same publisher that produced TOEE...and it is also known they pushed it out the door as fast as possible...

I wonder if the reason it got purged was because the decision had been made to create BG3 and the talent needed to be relocated to a much more viable producer of revenue

19. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

All magazine put the date of when they they should be removed from the stands, so the July issue says August. Check mags, almost all of them do that.

20. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Maybe but that is very negative. Lets wait and see.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.