1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It's gonna be an awesome game!

Discussion in 'Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I really believe this game is going to become a legend in the crpg world! R.A. Salvatore is, in my opinion, the greatest Forgotten Realms writer in it's history! This game's gotta have a killer story. I just can't wait untill it reaches the PC. I'll probably even buy it the first day if I can. :cool:

Well...at least I HOPE it will be "all that".

[ November 06, 2004, 15:26: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have a feeling you'll be disappointed. By all reports, the game's a hack & slash action fest with just enough story to carry it forward. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, just not something that'd appeal much to most of our visitors.

3. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, I have Demon Stone on the PS2, and I gotta say that I do like it very much. I'm not sure that you should go into the game with such high hopes, Kovalis, as you will more then likely throw the game away in disgust. Let's take it like it is: Mindless hack and slash--hmm, could be, but there are times where you actually need to think. Compelling story: eh, it's there, it propells the game for it, but will you dream about it? No. Fun Factor: Believe it or not, it's actually quite fun. It's a good game if you just want to kill things, and not have to worry about too tricky a puzzle.

4. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Just so that everyone doesnt think I'm a complete moron, I did actually do some research on this game AFTER I posted about it here. And, well, maybe I just got carried away...but I do still hope it will be good.

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I hope they release a demo, it's going to be worth trying, but I wonder if it's worth paying for a hack-and-slash game that's only claim to fame is a storyline loosely based on one by RA Salvatore. Then again, that's what I said about IWD, and I loved it (But not IWD2).

6. Rutherford Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Haven't heard anything about a PC demo, although I'd still love to play it. Despite having the PS2, as I've voiced on here, I'm eager to see how it appears on the PC version. If only to get a grasp on the aesthetics. Comes out a week from tomorrow, so hopefully that'll be available soon.

7. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The PS2 version sounds like BG:DA for PS2, which was a great dissapointment when you had played BG, IwD or any other of those games before.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

naw, demon stone is definitely at least 3 steps up from BG: DA in story, gameplay and not to mention cinematics :) BG:DA... <shudder> Champions of Norrath was MUCH better.

9. Rutherford Gems: 2/31

Finally! someone who's played it. I got into a discussion with someone about the 3player interchangeable thing...I thought it was a great idea....altho if it werent for the quality of the AI, it def couldve backfired.

10. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

It's pure hack 'n' slash I'm finding. It is better than BG:Da though.

When you get to use Drizzt it's fun. He is so much better then any of the other characters.

11. Rutherford Gems: 2/31

Drizzt was a lot fun to play with...not to mention a huge surprise when I found out that you could play as him. I just wish you could've played with him longer. In any event, it was still cool. He's bad arse...heh...

12. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Does anyone played this game for PC already? Is it worth it? I mean...i'm expecting the fight part to be similiar to Prince Of Persia: Warrior Whitin. That would be great.

13. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31

I had this game when I was in Japan and was utterly disappointed. The sounds and graphics were AMAZING. But gameplay, well that's another story. I really didnt feel drawn into the combat to be honest. Each enemy had a similar death animation and it was boring. It was another hack & slash like the previous Lord of the Rings games done by EA. I got bored after 20 minutes. :rolleyes: :aww: :sleep:

X-Men Legends is action/rpg done RIGHT. I mean, holy @#$%.. the action is fast and intense, the enemy AI unnervingly smart & responsive and lots of destructible environments (cars, buildings, walls, generators). The graphics are a bit small but VERY detailed and colorful. Also, the enemies have a wide range of animations when they get knocked back or killed.

If a company REALLY wanted to make an action/rpg, they should license the engine from Activision. The player could be allowed to make their own character and the quests would vary depending on the class picked.

This is something that the PS2 versions of Baldur's Gate could've used I think.

[ December 19, 2004, 04:55: Message edited by: GabrielNYC ]

14. RPG99 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I finished playing it through today on PC and I have to say, the game is extremely short. You could beat it in a day if you wanted to. The story is good enough to keep you playing where the boring hack n slash fails. Basically it's always the same, you kill and kill even more to get to the next point until there's nothing more to kill.

I found the ending was disappointing, I would have expected a little more of a reward for beating the game. Graphic and sound was good, but the controls were noticeably console-like, they could have done a better job with that. Also the camera positions are really bad sometimes when you can barely see your enemies in front of you.

Overall I would rate this game 7/10

15. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] How cool would it be if this game is capable of being modded...?

16. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The game is pretty nice but ARGH!!! That GAME made me soooooooooooo mad! :flaming:

I keep dying trying to close that portal in the 3rd level. Anyway it's kinda nice.

17. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31

ARGH I know that area too well!
    Damned frustrating. How hard would it be to mod this? LOL.

Here's something to think about.. in the X-Men RPG for the ps2, you feel as if you're hitting the enemy. They fly back, groan and your controller shakes abit. But Demon Stone for the ps2 just doesnt have that OOMPH like the previous LOTR hack & slash.

18. Newfie Banned

Man, this game is way too hard and is draining the enjoyment from it. That dragon sequence with all the slaad attacking and spawning is ridiculous. Another console game changed to the PC with limited save options available. PC games kick ass and this is the last console game I am buying. To all would be buyers out there, save your money for the next RPG for your computer.

19. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31

HEAR HEAR! Newfie hit the nail on the head.

Save your $$ for D&D Online.

20. Nerezza Gems: 2/31

I hired it out and nearly finished it. Well I killed the Dragon near the end. Yes it was hard but isn't that what makes things interesting?

Overall I liked this game. It was fun and challenging to play and Drizzt was f***ing cool!

However, (I don't want to sound stupid here, so correct me if I am wrong)...

Was this game really short???
    I nearly finished it in a night and although the game was fun, it appeared to have no lastability.
    Does it change the second time around or something?
    I was going to buy it but now I don't know. I don't want to spend $100 on something I play once, finish it, and it's over.

You see people. This is why games with customizable characters WORK!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.