1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I got it folks!!

Discussion in 'Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone' started by Rutherford, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Rutherford Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Just wanted to let you all know that I picked it up this morning and have been having a BLAST!!! It's been a whole lot of fun and I couldn't be happier. The gameplay, control, fluidity, game art (amazing), storyline (weaved into gameplay so well)...you can tell Salvatore had a hand in it. Just really fun and definitely addicting.

High ratings from me...feel free to fire away any questions.

2. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Did you get for PC or console?

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

PC is not out yet so he's probably talking about PS2.

@Rutherford

Is the AI of the 2 party members that you're not using at the time as good as it was described in the interviews? They can strategize?

4. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The AI for the non-controlled characters is awesome they do there own thing.

I can't wait until I get to the Drizzt encounter.

5. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

There's actually a Drizzt encounter in the game? Aaaeerrgh! Now the game is ruined. :(

6. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It was to be expected if Salvatore had a hand in it.

7. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If you had payed any attention to the news posted lately, you would allready have seen him in a couple of videos.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

There's a Drizzt encounter, a Khelben Blackstaff encounter and the Human Fighter character is straight out of The Two Swords when it is released.

9. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Im a bit scared off of PS2 "RPGs" because of BG: DA and BG: DA 2 (have them both), but if you can promise me that this game includes a bit (or even better; alot) of RPing I might buy it for PS2.

Also, will the computer variant differ much from the console one?

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Except from that you will play with mouse and keyboard, it will not be much different.

11. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

What part of the Forgotten Realms map does this game start in?

What are the other parts of the FR map that your characters have been to in the game so far?

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Bahir: Considering the reviews that have been written on the game so far, it seems your wish will not come true after all.

13. Rutherford Gems: 2/31

ahhhhh....soo many questions. sorry I haven't been back for awhile. I've been out of "connection" with the net. anyway...its not a flat out RPG, so don't expect that or let an RPG on PS2 scare you off. its really quite fun. as for the other characters like drizzt and Khelben Blackstaff...but I don't know why that would bother you...I was excited. ok...going back now. havent had a chance to further play too much since ive been gone. did anyone get this besides me...or ya'll waiting for pc?

14. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I got it. Pretty fun, more hack-n-slash in my opinion than RPG. But its still pretty fun. The combos are pretty cool. And I agree, the AI is pretty good.

15. Rutherford Gems: 2/31

yeah...the leveling up is a bit simple IMO...but its still a lot of fun. once you get the combos down its cool...plus the unified attacks are sweet.

16. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm actually starting to lose interest in this game fast. Aside from the leveling up and upgrading weapons, its pretty much the same thing, over and over.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

you cant really expect that much as its a real time console rpg i think :/

18. Rutherford Gems: 2/31

wow...you guys are critical, eh? Replay value might hurt a bit, but im goin thru it on the hard level and still enjoying the challenge. story line is fun tho...dont you agree with that?

19. Smyther Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Have you reached the 'raft boss' yet? If so, how on earth do you get past it? I have tried everything... :( Hope it't not a bug.

Edit:
    PS, so far I've found the game for PS2 to be incredibly awesome! Call me easily pleased, maybe, but this is not a game I will get tired of any time soon. Hope you enjoy yours!

20. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Smyther: Use Ilius' magic to destroy it.

I got the game for the PS2 and I just love it! The story is great, it's definately a Salvatore story ;)

I also thought Drizzt's voice suited him perfectly, and reading his diary is just like reading a Drizzt novel :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.